Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm back

Default I'm back

Haven't been on TJ since that, Ugh, "incident" back in 2010..

Paranoia? Nah.

I actually forgot about the site (!) and stumbled upon it by accident, Glad to be back and see the new forum layout/theme.

Unfortunately, Due to my work I'm no longer in Jamaica and have very little free time but glad I'm still able to catch up on Jamaica Tech from overseas!

Security.....................
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl@ze View Post
    Security.....................
    You need security?

I need a Valium for this headache lol

*Valium® is a registered trademark and owned by Roche Products Inc., Hoffmann-La Roche Inc."

So what happened back in 2010?
    PC: Windows//Laptop: Linux//Tablet: Blackberry//Smartphone: Android//MP3: Apple

It started here: http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...ons&highlight=

It ended with the JCF coming to my apartment for a little questioning...

Let's just say I will never record or monitor Police communications EVER again!

The above thread should serve as a warning to anyone who possess a radio scanner in Jamaica.

When I got back to the states I immediately got in contact with the FCC and another agency to discuss this, the conscientious was NEVER BRING RADIO SCANNING EQUIPMENT TO JAMAICA EVER AGAIN! as they put it "The Jamaican Government is highly unstable, Count yourself lucky".

I would still go back to Jamaica but after what happened and the recurring nightmares/stress it caused, I'm staying away from scanners outside the USA for good.

Ironically, Here in the states I can listen and record all Federal, State/Local Police communication LEGALLY as they are considered a public record that anyone can access.

So is this apart of your job description or is it a hobby?

It was a hobby while I was in Jamaica, My apartment still has over $1K US in antennas abandoned/left behind on it.

I have since taken up a part-time job with a small Electronics business here in the states that refurbishes Law Enforcement communications equipment. I also hold Armorer certification from a private school and I'm pursuing Firearms work (Gunsmithing) here in the states, Another reason I took off from Jamaica (can't get licensed to do that in Jamaica).

If the opportunity to work in Jamaica ever came I would take it in a heartbeat, I highly doubt it would be possible to work in this industries in Jamaica due to heavy restriction and impossible to obtain licensing.

interesting. . .

Welcome back mjj, glad to see you're not in jail bro.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by mjj4363 View Post

Let's just say I will never record or monitor Police communications EVER again!

Ironically, Here in the states I can listen and record all Federal, State/Local Police communication LEGALLY as they are considered a public record that anyone can access.

Hmmm interesting... First place i heard of that it was illegal....

Do it all the time in states, especially when I hear a bunch of sirens and want to find out whats going... just boot an android app. Public record indeed

Your able to listen to everything from the fire station chats to truck drivers flying down I-75/285/85 etc

Seems Babylon have something fi hide ina JA...

Jamaica is just technology backwards in a lot of ways hence i beleive that the government does this until they are able to catch up and put new laws into place that deal with tech
    Last edited by King_Jay16; Jan 18, 2013 at 02:28 PM.