Thread: Port Forwarding 2 Router LIME ADSL

Default Port Forwarding 2 Router LIME ADSL

Good Morning,

I have been trying to port forward Age of Empires 3 from
    1. SpeedTouch536v6 (RT1)
    2. WRT54G v3.1 running v4.21.1 (stock). (RT2)

RT1 is connected to the phone line then it connects to RT2 though the Ethernet port (computer 1 & not the internet port)

It requires that you forward
    • 2300-2310 UDP & TCP and
    • 80 UDP & TCP

I've tried to forward the ports and nothing works, I've even tried connecting my computer directly to the modem but the ports are still not opened. (NB: I also disabled windows firewall, and i don't use AV programs and the firewall in the modem is disabled )

the only time it actually did work is when I assigned a public IP to my computer but when I switched back to the regular IP (192.168.1.x) then back the ports were blocked again. This is what leads me to believe that LIME is blocking the ports.
    Please help
    I have the highest underclock in tech Ja! 1440.0
    DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2 "Digicel is the bossss!!!! "
    TECNOLOGY IS THE BOSS!!! I am the boss!! Memba u r as cool as ur tecnology!!!

Check here for help: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/

I doubt lime would be blocking ports.
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

That's the thing I already did and checked that website

It sounds as if you have a double NAT scenario (2 routers actively routing) and so the port forwarding is not working as expected. You need to decide which one will be the main router and which will only act like a switch or wireless AP.

Option
    1. Switch the ADSL Modem/Router to Bridge mode; This means the public IP address will be assigned directly to the Linksys and it will do the routing for your 192.168.x network behind it. Port forwarding would now be configured on the Linksys.

2. Connect the Ethernet cable from the ADSL Modem/Router to a switch port on the Linksys (ports 1-4) and not the Internet or WAN port. Set your Linksys to an IP address in the same subnet as that ADSL Modem/Router. Turn off routing on the Linksys and disable the DHCP server. ; The ADSL Modem/Router is now the only router so you configure port forwarding there.

Option 2 is how I am currently configured.
    EDIT: Still ports closed :/
    Did a soft reboot to my Speedtouch after some problems with it then the ports were open.
    Nuff respect, seems the problems was with LIME and/ the ADSL modem.

EDIT: Online sites keep saying: I could not see your service on 72.27.81.86 on port (2310)
    Reason: Connection refused
    However, desktop port checker apps say it is open, but I'm still getting a lot of "failed to join game"
    and my DSL router log is saying this:

FIREWALL icmp check (1 of 2): Protocol: ICMP Src ip: 218.69.113.21 Dst ip: 72.27.81.86 Type: Destination Unreachable Code: Port Unreacheable

09:57:17 (since last boot) IDS proto parser : tcp data on syn segment (1 of 1) : 41.203.67.52 72.27.81.86 0041 TCP 45387->56622 [S.A...] seq 185804152 ack 383385219 win 0

09:53:44 (since last boot) FIREWALL icmp check (1 of 2): Protocol: ICMP Src ip: 178.44.166.225 Dst ip: 72.27.81.86 Type: Destination Unreachable Code: Host Unreacheable

and Lots more similar messages.
    Last edited by Cell Guy; Jan 14, 2013 at 07:08 AM.

Do you guys pay line rental for LIME'S Adsl Plan as an addition to your regular monthly payment?
    Eg. 4 mb plan @$2675+gct plus line rental.

Quote Originally Posted by dehyah View Post
    Do you guys pay line rental for LIME'S Adsl Plan as an addition to your regular monthly payment?
    Yeah I believe so. But lol not a 4mb plan for sure.

No Rental if ur on the Browse and Talk Plan

Quote Originally Posted by dspjm28 View Post
    No Rental if ur on the Browse and Talk Plan
    So for 2mb and 8mb the monthly bill will be $2500 and $3300 respectively.Thanks for the info.

If the 8mb is available in your area, and remember to add + GCT