Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My gift for 2013 watch Hulu outside the US without VPN with a simple extension

FYI this is piracy...
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    FYI this is piracy...
    Could you explain how? I have been trying to find out the rules of region restrictions...any links that explain it fully would be helpful.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by BNOVA View Post
    Could you explain how? I have been trying to find out the rules of region restrictions...any links that explain it fully would be helpful.
    Its not available to be watched by you, therefore its the same as piracy. You don't have permission to use it where you are located. The same arbitrary rules apply to software piracy etc. The key is permission. Just making sure nobody has any delusions about what they are doing. Sure some on here are against piracy.

If you use VPN or proxy to access any content you normally can't, piracy.

Since I'm not against it, what's there to do on Hulu? Seems like one might as well watch TV or dl.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Well the thing is I am trying just to understand the whole restriction in the first place. I am sure the ads that target Americans would not apply to other countries some of the times but we would still pay the subscription fee to access the programming.
    Just trying to understand the model that's all. But I do not watch videos online currently....barely have time for tv as it is.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

I just tested it and it's working. Thanks, what i'd like to know is if there is any similar mod for my androids apart from using a vpn.
    DEVICE: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9500)
    Tab: Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0

Quote Originally Posted by BNOVA View Post
    Well the thing is I am trying just to understand the whole restriction in the first place. I am sure the ads that target Americans would not apply to other countries some of the times but we would still pay the subscription fee to access the programming.
    Just trying to understand the model that's all. But I do not watch videos online currently....barely have time for tv as it is.
    As stated above - but here's my take on it. Scroll to the bottom for the summary and to skip my ranting.

The entire series of some shows are available online from places like BBC or USA or TNT and such. Sometimes there are offers available to persons who live in those countries and they need to go online and participate or view older episodes in order to get access to the prizes or content.

The videos are licensed for distribution in certain countries and only if you download the video in that country and take it outside can you view the content - or use a proxy/VPN service. Legally it is wrong to watch the videos, but morally I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. Why? Because we here in Jamaica have been incorrectly classified.

Ever notice how service/support for equipment or (video) content delivery for Jamaica is given as "Latin America"? That's because of how we've been classified. I'm fairly sure that the only Spanish the majority of the country knows is from what they learned in high school (for those that went) and see on TV as their kids watch Dora/Diego. Most of it is being able to count to 10 and say hello, good morning and good evening. Nothing else. So why the classification? Based on our region.

Here's why I don't think it's morally wrong - or wrong in any sense.

http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...pics-streaming

Remember that? One of our local stations had the "exclusive coverage rights" for the Olympics. They didn't do a horrible job, but the excessive cutting out for commercials and such were horrible. Lots of different things were going on - swimming, fencing, gymnastics, etc - so when Bolt wasn't running (the primary reason 99.9% of Jamaica was watching) there was nothing else to do. The local commentary wasn't too bad and actually made sense at times, but the truth is that we would have wanted a commercial free viewing and then the sponsors could always show their things during the breaks in commentary or such but not during the events. Or even a scrolling ad would have been nice.

So why did BBC lock out everyone else when the Olympics was a worldwide thing? Because they have the rights to broadcast only in certain countries and the online viewing was specifically for British nationals. Licensing.

Advertisements as well are meant to target the different audiences. The only reason why that is relevant to us locally is because we literally gobble every bit of garbage that the US and UK throws out. Anyways - that rant is for another time.

And this may help which was taken straight from BBC - the same or similar applies to everyone else.

Much of our website is aimed at UK users, so we negotiate rights to include video, audio, images and other types of content for the UK only. World rights are much more expensive, but we are hoping to make more audio and visual content available to our international audiences.
    http://faq.external.bbc.co.uk/questi...c_online/video
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

FYI this is piracy...
    Incorrect sir it is not piracy, reason for geo-restrictions has nothing to do be something being illegal to watch in one country versus a next (that in itself would be in contravention of WTO regulations), this done for commercial reasons i.e. CBS selling the rights to to say LOST to TVJ for the Jamaican market, you watching it on Hulu bypasses TVJ's ability to make commercial revenue when the show is aired in Jamaica which in return would result in less money for CBS, not illegal they are protecting their investment.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

FYI this is piracy...
    Quote Originally Posted by topanaris View Post
    Incorrect sir it is not piracy, reason for geo-restrictions has nothing to do be something being illegal to watch in one country versus a next (that in itself would be in contravention of WTO regulations), this done for commercial reasons i.e. CBS selling the rights to to say LOST to TVJ for the Jamaican market, you watching it on Hulu bypasses TVJ's ability to make commercial revenue when the show is aired in Jamaica which in return would result in less money for CBS, not illegal they are protecting their investment.
    It is a grey area. Its the same concept with online retailers such as amazon or even the android play store where many apps are either location or carrier restricted, people at times bypass these restrictions in order to purchase items.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post
    It is a grey area. Its the same concept with online retailers such as amazon or even the android play store where many apps are either location or carrier restricted, people at times bypass these restrictions in order to purchase items.
    NewEgg and TigerDirect among other places don't want or need our money then.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Have not shop with newegg as yet and Don't really use tigerdirect because of sales tax, and as topanaris said its not piracy our area is just not covered. I myself am not fussy over hulu or netflix was getting a one year free netflix from lg for tv's purchased i was even interested was giving it away. Im too many ways to watch tv lol. But i think hulu may soon be available in the caribbean
    IT'S YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO REMAIN STUPID
    You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth – nothing more.