Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu now fits your phone

Default Ubuntu now fits your phone

Ubuntu now fits your phone

Introducing the superphone that’s also a full PC

Room for your content
    Your phone is more immersive, the screen is less cluttered, and you flow naturally from app to app with edge magic. The phone becomes a full PC and thin client when docked. Ubuntu delivers a magical phone that is faster to run, faster to use and fits perfectly into the Ubuntu family.

Mobile industry ready
    With all-native core apps and no Java overhead, Ubuntu runs well on entry-level smartphones – yet it uses the same drivers as Android. So now it’s easy to bring a better experience to customers all over the world.

Everything developers need
    Create gorgeous native apps or lightweight HTML5 apps easily with our SDK. Repurpose web apps fast, so they look and work like their native cousins. With one OS for all form factors, one app can have interfaces for phone and desktop – in just one upload to one store.
    http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/phone
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Thumbs up Ubuntu mobile OS

Interesting development...kinda been out of the Alternative OS world for a while but read below and watch the Keynote:

http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/phone
    Last edited by Technoboy; Jan 2, 2013 at 02:05 PM.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Default Ubuntu phone

Honestly, I love what I'm seeing

He starts to talk about the phone at 5:20min

This is something I will be watching closely... I am loving everything I am seeing here. Just one thing.... I don't think I can live without Google Now/Voice So if they can somehow innovate a "Siri Like or Google Now Like" feature I will be sold on this.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

wow cant remember the last time i was this exited over a product from canonical.

Its not bad @ all but who will be manufacturing the hardware aka the phone?
    MATADOR: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, C2Q Q9400 @ 3.4GHz, ZALMAN CNPS9500, 6GB GSkill, Crucial C300 SSD 128GB, 2x 2TB WD Caviar Black, Diamond HD5850, 2x Plextor DVD+RW, RAIDMAX Scoprio 668WBP Case, Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-D-B 850W, Dell E228FP WideScreen 22", Logitech Z-2300, Windows 7 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by RZA View Post
    Its not bad @ all but who will be manufacturing the hardware aka the phone?
    Everyone. Can use even phones from 2011.
    Calm Like a BOMB

This looks rather nice, I was actually looking for a reason not to like it but I really couldn't find one. My thinking the phone mode should evolve to where PCs are right now, i.e. let me buy my hardware and choose what OS I want on it but I digress. The Ubuntu phone's biggest challenge will be developers, will they be able to woo enough of em over to have them develop meaningful apps. I must say I loved everything about what I have seen, more so than how I loved Android the first time I saw it. Ubuntu's next challenge will be to change public perception, the masses still see Linux as a geek's OS. Quite frankly I don't think there is enough room in the mobile eco-system for Ubuntu phone I think it'll get chewed up and spat out.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

Quote Originally Posted by topanaris View Post
    Ubuntu's next challenge will be to change public perception, the masses still see Linux as a geek's OS. Quite frankly I don't think there is enough room in the mobile eco-system for Ubuntu phone I think it'll get chewed up and spat out.
    true but if you are to get a majority of linux users out there to buy one that shouldnt be a problem. as it relates to developers thats the easy part

I was thinking this is what bb10 should have looked like. I don't even know when android will conceive some of these ideas