Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nooby To C#

Default Nooby To C#

I just recently installed C#. I want to learn how to create windows applications, database applications and web applications.

I am about to go through C# Tutorials and C# Samples, so you all prepare yourselves for alot of questions.

If anyone has any database samples or web samples, please send code or links, anything at all including any explanations about these topics. Take note that I am a noob to these topics, and C#.
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

I have a lot of C# samples lying around somewhere.. i gonna search for them. also i got millons of ebooks i could share. I am reading one on C# design patterns. Anyways i'll be prepared for you questions. Glad to see someone else around here interested in C#. ..

maybe we can work on projects? just a thought. get others interested in the language.

OK I want to compile this program
    http://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive107.html
    but I got errors saying

Code:
    error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Windows' does not exist in the class or namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Drawing' does not exist in the class or namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Form' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Button' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Label' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    I opened new blank project, added a .cs file to it, and copied the contents from the link to the cs file. My development environment is Microsoft Visual C# .NET with Microsoft .Net Framework 1.0

Anyone knows if the code should work by default
    Last edited by crosswire; Apr 30, 2005 at 04:43 AM.

Ok I got it to work now. I opened a new Windows Application project instead of a Blank project.

Update: I found another way to get the blank project to work. Go to the solution explorer. Click reference. Add reference of all the using statements. Eg using System.Windows.Forms means add reference to System.Windows.Forms.dll. If the program was created by using a blank project, there was a console in the background when executing the program. If the program was created using a Window Application project, there was only the window when executing the program.

So far so good but it will be a will before I do any web services and database applications
    Last edited by crosswire; Apr 30, 2005 at 05:37 AM. Reason: update added

I would recommend that u use version 1.1 or 2.0.. version 1.0 will be obsolete when version 2.0 is final.

Ok, added the link for future reference
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframewo...s/default.aspx

thanks for the link..

Thumbs up

Found this great link on C# and .Net
    http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/howto/
    I know this was mentioned before on some other post, but I recommend this site for real lazy beginners. There are short samples on any topic.

I use this as well as other ebooks for theoretical reference

thanks for that link cross wire. i been looking to step into c# but i have to be learning asp so i been out to a slow start that link should help some

I have another problem with C#.

I cant relate the interface keyword with any thing I know in programming or have experience with.

Could someone explain what is the purpose of the interface keyword and how it is used?