Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US Tech Based 2013 Salary Guide

Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post
    Yup, it would be nice if we could get a group of people to carry out the survey it would go along way.
    Some persons actually started doing a survey of sorts. There is a post around with what some companies are paying their IT Staff.

Quote Originally Posted by WanabeR View Post
    Some persons actually started doing a survey of sorts. There is a post around with what some companies are paying their IT Staff.
    Yea i saw it. Was thinking more of a streamlined and widespread project where people would also try to survey larger companies

Quote Originally Posted by MG Kelly View Post
    It would be interesting to see a Jamaican Based Survey Salary Guide for I.T. Professionals.
    Yup. most definitely. Then again many Jamaicans are very reluctant to tell how much they make much less give a range.

Quote Originally Posted by BNOVA View Post
    Well from the rough guide given my equal post in the US is making 3-5 times as much as me . But to make sure we are fair it would be good to know what the expenses are like in the US market. And yes I know the Pay is still more.
    I can help you out with that. What expenses are you referring to?
    Last edited by King_Jay16; Dec 13, 2012 at 12:37 PM.

I can help you out with that. What expenses are you referring to?
    He probably meant cost of living expenses. But I think it would be kind of hard to judge as they vary state by state. But I guess you could just do the basics...food, shelter(rent), etc

Quote Originally Posted by WanabeR View Post
    He probably meant cost of living expenses. But I think it would be kind of hard to judge as they vary state by state. But I guess you could just do the basics...food, shelter(rent), etc
    yea would be the basics, states like Miami, new York, California have higher taxes + everything is more expensive.

Depending on where you like and the place you rent or buy starts out @ ~$450/mnth and up for rent
    Utilities- water, gas and electricity depending on the season and how many people etc can run you $150-$300/mnth
    Cable- depends on your plan $50 and up

you kinda get the idea

On average a person/family can spend $1500 or more a month just to take care of rent, bills, food, gas etc. That depends on the state and whether or not the person has dependents and how much they get paid...

Minimum wage is $7.50-$8.50 depending on the state
    Code:
    Tax Bracket 	Married Filing Jointly 	          Single
    10% Bracket 	$0 – $17,400 	                $0 – $8,700
    15% Bracket 	$17,400 – $70,700       	$8,700 – $35,350
    25% Bracket 	$70,700 – $142,700 	        $35,350 – $85,650
    28% Bracket 	$142,700 – $217,450 	       $85,650 – $178,650
    33% Bracket 	$217,450 – $388,350    	   $178,650 – $388,350
    35% Bracket 	Over $388,350 	                  Over $388,350

Here are two resources you can use to get an idea on the cost of living.

http://www.coli.org/

https://origin.bankrate.com/calculat...alculator.aspx

If you have any questions feel free to ask...

All I can say tho is that it is MUCH easier to live in Jamaica than up here. Only thing better up here is the opportunities.
    Last edited by King_Jay16; Dec 13, 2012 at 03:48 PM.

shane200_ Guest

All of this data is base on the type of company you work and how good you can sell yourself in a interview, some companies pay less for the outline position and it is base on what state do you live in, base on that rage it seem like it was base out from CA,NY, Boston etc which are the major high paying state.... So if you live in NC you salary will be less than that....

King_jay has a point... it is better to live in Jamaica...

when i see a post like this..it makes me regret doing my degree in Jamaica even more.
    Pc= Hp dv6t

Remember that you can work remotely, so you dont really need to be at a geographical location as per predefined work functions.
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

pcchick Guest

The IT folks I work with in the government are making it really nice. Its so funny that I was thinking of being an IT tech here just for the money and this thread pops up. Man, I sure wish I was an IT tech. I just can't do something I may not be so interested in unless its security.

Quote Originally Posted by mobile_fan_2k5 View Post
    when i see a post like this..it makes me regret doing my degree in Jamaica even more.
    which is why i glad i got the chance to do mine elsewhere....
    Quote Originally Posted by Utech22 View Post
    Remember that you can work remotely, so you dont really need to be at a geographical location as per predefined work functions.
    True, but does limit your possibilities for advancement a bit

Quote Originally Posted by pcchick View Post
    The IT folks I work with in the government are making it really nice. Its so funny that I was thinking of being an IT tech here just for the money and this thread pops up. Man, I sure wish I was an IT tech. I just can't do something I may not be so interested in unless its security.
    IT pays, you just got to love it to do it! If you don't love it, you going to burn out fast