Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US Tech Based 2013 Salary Guide

Default US Tech Based 2013 Salary Guide

Hopefully this will provide some info

It’s a good time to be a talented technologist, whether a designer, developer or engineer. After all, as we’ve chronicled many times in the past, there’s a serious war for talent going on in tech hotbeds such as Seattle and Silicon Valley.

But what are the hottest jobs in tech right now? Robert Half Technology has listed its top picks as part of its recently released 2013 Salary Guide. For those companies who believe the hiring climate may get easier in 2013, think again. The authors of the study say that technology talent is only going to become tougher to find in the year ahead.

“The pool of available candidates continues to shrink, while the demand for technology experts is climbing,” the report says. “Competition is expected to be particularly fierce for professionals who can support mobile, big data, cloud and virtualization initiatives.”

Without further ado, here’s a look at the top picks for tech jobs in 2013, with estimates on salary range.

Mobile applications developers: As companies strive to reach consumers on smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices, they need professionals who can develop for the small screen. Average starting salaries for mobile applications developers are expected to rise 9 percent, with compensation ranging from $92,750 to $133,500.

Business intelligence analysts: These individuals assist firms in making critical business decisions by gathering and analyzing data to better target marketing efforts. Business intelligence analysts should see a gain of 7.3 percent, with starting salaries ranging from $94,250 to $132,500.

Network architects: These individuals provide the backbone of a company’s communication infrastructure. They assess business and applications requirements for corporate data and voice networks, making it possible for data to be shared. Network architects are forecast to receive a 7 percent starting salary boost, to between $102,250 and $146,500, on average.

Interactive creative directors: As companies of all sizes add interactive roles, they seek professionals with superb leadership skills and digital expertise to manage these growing teams. Interactive creative directors can anticipate a 4.9 percent bump in base compensation, with average starting salaries ranging from $95,500 to $160,000.

Interaction designers: The best interaction designers step into the shoes of a company’s customers and maximize their online experiences. These professionals understand the connections between people and products. Those with one to five years of experience should see a gain of 4.9 percent, to between $52,250 and $77,500.

User experience (UX) designers: Since so much customer interaction happens online, companies are looking for workers who can create positive digital experiences. UX designers can expect a 4.8 percent salary increase, with starting compensation of $73,750 to $110,500.
    Meanwhile, here’s a look at other trends in technology jobs for 2013 from the study.

http://www.geekwire.com/2012/6-hot-t...bs-money-2013/
    Download PDF HERE :http://www.roberthalftechnology.com/SalaryCenter

Last edited by King_Jay16; Dec 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM.

Jamaica Jamaica. sigh
    Current: LG Nexus 5 - Digicel
    Retired: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by madcats99 View Post
    Jamaica Jamaica. sigh
    tell me about it.... its sad...

and they wonder why nobody wants to stay in Jamaica after getting their degree........i know im not gonna work here in a few yrs time after i get my degree if the pay rates out here dont see some drastic improvement. The only prob im have having is whether to major in networking or do the computer science major and then do some networking cert afterwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.dre View Post
    and they wonder why nobody wants to stay in Jamaica after getting their degree........i know im not gonna work here in a few yrs time after i get my degree if the pay rates out here dont see some drastic improvement. The only prob im have having is whether to major in networking or do the computer science major and then do some networking cert afterwards...
    Jamaica is seriously lagging behind... and there a much higher salaries available around the world than these.

Either will work...

But i say do Comp Sci and then networking certs.

I'm doing Project Management + IT Administration Experience + certs in various areas such as IBM, Microsoft and hopefully Cisco
    Then on to my Masters

Yea and jamaica will never pay anything close to those rates. It real sad to know that ppl overseas are earning more without a degree than a person out here who spent 4 yrs in college to get one.

i think ill go with that option com science --> networking certs....how much do those certs cost btw

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.dre View Post
    Yea and jamaica will never pay anything close to those rates. It real sad to know that ppl overseas are earning more without a degree than a person out here who spent 4 yrs in college to get one.

i think ill go with that option com science --> networking certs....how much do those certs cost btw
    Yup... as an intern currently doing my bachelors degree i make more money than a lot of people do...

Certs prices vary depending on what you are looking for.

It would be interesting to see a Jamaican Based Survey Salary Guide for I.T. Professionals.
    Shhhh!I see dead people!

Quote Originally Posted by MG Kelly View Post
    It would be interesting to see a Jamaican Based Survey Salary Guide for I.T. Professionals.
    Yup, it would be nice if we could get a group of people to carry out the survey it would go along way.

Well from the rough guide given my equal post in the US is making 3-5 times as much as me . But to make sure we are fair it would be good to know what the expenses are like in the US market. And yes I know the Pay is still more.
    Last edited by BNOVA; Dec 13, 2012 at 06:37 AM.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500