Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: upgrading router help

Default upgrading router help

i have a wireless N router 8002 11n 2.0, i went in the upgrade setting and see this "Upgrade the Ralink SoC firmware to obtain new functionality. It takes about 1 minute to upload upgrade flash and be patient please. Caution! A corrupted image will hang up the system. ".. should i look for a Ralink SoC firmware or a google a wireless N router 8002 11n 2.0 firmware?? i dnt know much about router upgrade...

Last edited by Arch_Angel; Feb 5, 2013 at 04:08 AM. Reason: restored original image
    GOD BLESS YUTE

First rule of upgrading/flashing your router would be to do it via cable and not over wifi. Optional but not an absolute requirement is to manually set your IP within the range the router uses by default and reset the router. Prior to doing all this ensure you have the flash file / firmware file downloaded and saved to your drive somewhere you can find it. Navigate to the page you have in the post then upload the firmware. Once it's done you wait a little bit and it should be up and running. A good rule after a successful flash is to just do a reset to ensure all is well. Prior to all of this you could also do a backup of the settings so that once the upgrade is complete you can just restore the settings and be on your way.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

what firmware would a i used, should i google Ralink SoC?
    GOD BLESS YUTE

Please provide a link to the exact model router. Then look under the bottom of the router and post the revision number and other relevant information. Do not post the serial number or the MAC or the WPS key if one is pasted there.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Why do you want to upgrade your routers firmware? Are you having problems with it?
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Why do you want to upgrade your routers firmware? Are you having problems with it?
    Thanks for that AA. I completely forgot to ask. If it's not broke don't fix it. Unless you want additional features or something that may be available in a later firmware version.

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Thanks for that AA. I completely forgot to ask. If it's not broke don't fix it. Unless you want additional features or something that may be available in a later firmware version.
    Yeah, I was wondering why you didn't mention it. All he said was he saw this message in the Upgrade setting page in his router. From what I know, most routers have a similar message like that. Doesn't mean you should upgrade.

So had to ask.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

the name of the router is
    wireless N router 8002 11n broad band

almost every night about 9-10pm my wireless box starts to act up, i always hv to do a reset..... the pic below is from my sister laptop, its connected but i'm not getting no internet on it an also the desktop so every time it act up i hv 2 do a reset, last night it say " the DNS not supported" so i did a reset n it was connected....... what can i do to fix this problem where i hv to keep on do a reset almost everyday
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Feb 5, 2013 at 04:06 AM. Reason: replaced images with thumbnail.
    GOD BLESS YUTE

Quote Originally Posted by british_2010 View Post
    the name of the router is
    wireless N router 8002 11n broad band
    That's not the name of the router. What you are misreading is the TYPE of router, which is a "wireless N router 802.11n", which is a generic description of most current routers. What we require is the Company name that makes the router and the model number, which is usually at the bottom of the router.

Quote Originally Posted by british_2010 View Post
    almost every night about 9-10pm my wireless box starts to act up, i always hv to do a reset..... the pic below is from my sister laptop, its connected but i'm not getting no internet on it an also the desktop so every time it act up i hv 2 do a reset, last night it say " the DNS not supported" so i did a reset n it was connected....... what can i do to fix this problem where i hv to keep on do a reset almost everyday
    If this is happening at a specific time of day, then it could be some device on the network throwing the router off. What else is connected to the router and how is the router connected to the internet?
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Use static ip and specify the dns server which is usually 192.168.xxx.xxx