Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Windows Live Brand: Discontinued or Not?

wii.live07 Guest

Default The Windows Live Brand: Discontinued or Not?

A short while ago I heard that Microsoft was going to discontinue Windows Live Essentials because it was a failure or something like that. Is this true and about when will they cancel these free services and will they still have a messenger and a Writer program for blogging? Windows Blue is gonna be huge by the way! Hope the rumours are true because I can't wait to upgrade. I tried Windows 8 and had to downgrade back to Windows 7. Wasted money. Anyway I love Windows Live Writer and want to keep using it but if there is no more Windows Live I may have to use Blogjet and I don't want that. Windows has a good thing with live and I know I use it for mail, messenger, photo gallery, skydrive and writer to blog. I hope they'll improve it rather than discard it. If not I hope that something better will replace it. MS, please say it ain't so!!!

They're trying their best not to go the way of the dinos. Windows Live Essentials is holding them back. Maybe not enough people feel the way you do about it. So they're tossing it.
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Most of the services will be discontinued early next year

wii.live07 Guest

It's strange why it's failing and not more popular. I use almost all Windows Live products, especially Windows Live Mail. They are so cool, clean and sleek and function well. I can't imagine life without them. What will happen to messenger though because i use it more than any other software. I hope they leave us with some alternative, built in or otherwise, and that goes for all of windows live.

wii.live07 Guest

I have figured out how to use Microsoft Word 2010 to blog but I don't know how to insert tags into post. I have to publish to wordpress then go to the back end/dashboard and insert them there which is annoying and tedious. Is there a way to insert tags from within Word?

Quote Originally Posted by wii.live07 View Post
    It's strange why it's failing and not more popular. I use almost all Windows Live products, especially Windows Live Mail. They are so cool, clean and sleek and function well. I can't imagine life without them. What will happen to messenger though because i use it more than any other software. I hope they leave us with some alternative, built in or otherwise, and that goes for all of windows live.
    Messenger is being replaced by Skype.

The relevance of a subset of Microsoft products for the social networking crowd is becoming slimmer by the day.

MSN is pointless at this stage.

Hotmail is weak compared to gmail and yahoo

Even paring up with Y messenger cant save them.

Facebook is hurting MS in ways it didn't calculate properly... and this after Google badly mauled it a few years ago.

When it comes to being hip, fresh and cool ... MS is in DEEEEPPPP trouble
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

jomo Guest

Yeah dem pretty much dead in that sense, msn? Wtf is that? LOL

Just make sure you try to get the offline-installers. Hopefully you can keep using it for a couple years offline - otherwise look for open source alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Just make sure you try to get the offline-installers. Hopefully you can keep using it for a couple years offline - otherwise look for open source alternatives.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ll-offline-faq

English Version
    http://g.live.com/1rewlive5-all/en/wlsetup-all.exe