Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RIM introduces BBM Voice - Make calls to BBM friends free over Wi-Fi

jomo Guest

Wait deh! LOL a diss did ina di bc, mi never evern read it good

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! A now girl ago call call mi

Good thing I have no wifi at home, and don't plan to reconecct that! Hhahaa

But wait deh, unu stop gwan like unu android can call each other free over wifi straight from an app like bbm unu have some buggy crappy hacked thingamajig unu a gwan like seh season ina diss, stop pretend, damn lames

Anyway BB THE BOSS still in charge

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Running it now ... and i sent a blast about it this morning, and a good percentage of the people on ma list seems to have downloaded and running it...
    Something like this will take off in Jamaica...
    Have a little blackberry just for this kinda dirty work. Gonna download this and see the results.
    Last edited by lojikal; Nov 15, 2012 at 08:42 AM.
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Wait deh! LOL a diss did ina di bc, mi never evern read it good

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! A now girl ago call call mi

Good thing I have no wifi at home, and don't plan to reconecct that! Hhahaa

But wait deh, unu stop gwan like unu android can call each other free over wifi straight from an app like bbm unu have some buggy crappy hacked thingamajig unu a gwan like seh season ina diss, stop pretend, damn lames

Anyway BB THE BOSS still in charge
    it's called, Google Talk
    NOTEBOOK: Acer V3-771G - Core i5 3.1Ghz + Nvidia Geforce GT630M
    PMP: Cowon J3 (16GB|Jet Effect 3.0) + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 = <AUDIOGASM>
    SMARTPHONE: Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - Rooted + UltimaROM
    DUMBPHONE: Blackberry 9000

jomo Guest

Its called, a big flop, as no one, I repeat no one, including me even gives a damn bout no dumb google talk, exept bar a few nerds, people delete that off them bb hmm wonder ewhy? Could it be it can't make calls over wifi on it? Hmm so if every android can make wifi calls as easy as this all hmm wonder why they even have a sim in them, LAME

Anyway moving back to reality

Can't get this DUMB beta CRAP so ill wait for the appworld

It will work with 4g wifi gprs said, so... Hmm an android second phone looking good yah now too...or maybe the mobile hotspot 4g wimax I been meaning to get, or simply a cheapo bb hahaaaa

Good things to come, from my trusty bb

Its called, a big flop, as no one, I repeat no one, including me even gives a damn bout no dumb google talk, exept bar a few nerds, people delete that off them bb hmm wonder ewhy? Could it be it can't make calls over wifi on it? Hmm so if every android can make wifi calls as easy as this all hmm wonder why they even have a sim in them, LAME

It will work with 4g wifi gprs said, so... Hmm an android second phone looking good yah now too...or maybe the mobile hotspot 4g wimax I been meaning to get, or simply a cheapo bb hahaaaa

NOTEBOOK: Acer V3-771G - Core i5 3.1Ghz + Nvidia Geforce GT630M
    PMP: Cowon J3 (16GB|Jet Effect 3.0) + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 = <AUDIOGASM>
    SMARTPHONE: Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - Rooted + UltimaROM
    DUMBPHONE: Blackberry 9000

Quote Originally Posted by nehrou View Post
    it's called, Google Talk
    As well as Viber, Pinger, Textme, Magic Jack, Skype, Yahoo messenger in the app side of life

Many androids support wifi native calling, however you either need carrier support or do like RIM

Quote Originally Posted by nehrou View Post
    lol good one..

I hope our overseas shadow members don't think this user is a typical Jamaican-born techie.

Yeah so... what's next RIM?
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post
    As well as Viber, Pinger, Textme, Magic Jack, Skype, Yahoo messenger in the app side of life

Many androids support wifi native calling, however you either need carrier support or do like RIM

lol good one..
    Yeah, the list goes on, and guess what they all CRAP, lol, I'm sure bb own will be better, and its built in, and you can still browse send and receive emails etc and of course calls and other bbms, so no more of people knowing when I'm on a damn call when they pinging me, ughhh

Anyway this is not about the silly competition, as when compared to BBM other messaging apps ALL put together fail miserably, and now it has wifi calling, and will get video calling and of course DING DING DING it will be more refined user friendly and built in unlike the piece a piece a patch a patch a android phones, lol, what piles of rubble they are compared to the boss

When bb10 roll out all androids ago get an instand upgrade to douche bag sandwhich, lol

Yeah, the list goes on, and guess what they all CRAP, lol, I'm sure bb own will be better, and its built in, and you can still browse send and receive emails etc and of course calls and other bbms, so no more of people knowing when I'm on a damn call when they pinging me, ughhh

Anyway this is not about the silly competition, as when compared to BBM other messaging apps ALL put together fail miserably, and now it has wifi calling, and will get video calling and of course DING DING DING it will be more refined user friendly and built in unlike the piece a piece a patch a patch a android phones, lol, what piles of rubble they are compared to the boss

When bb10 roll out all androids ago get an instand upgrade to douche bag sandwhich, lol
    Boi Jomo seriously you have my guests here dying with laughter.... you keep making a fool of yourself dude.

Here is my question to you Jomo... how many of the apps I listed did you actually use?

Are you so amazed that the BB finally getting Video calling when ever other mobile platform has supported video calling, and even wifi calling YEARS before BB did?

You are classic case of an empty barrel and wagonist... one day yuh hate android next day yuh want one and a cuss seh yuh cyaan find none fi buy blah blah next day yuh jump back pan BB train.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe Hellscream View Post

I hope our overseas shadow members don't think this user is a typical Jamaican-born techie.

Yeah so... what's next RIM?
    lol... too late one of my guests just asked me if he was Jamaican ....

But yea. They need to come up with something innovative else they won't last much longer..
    Last edited by Cultus; Nov 15, 2012 at 07:31 AM.

To each his own........

BB is coming nicely with these things but again - it may be too little too late. Since BBM was the first (citation needed) to introduce an IM app on a phone that would allow messaging regardless of where you were Apple brought in FaceTime which allows voice/video calls over wifi. Since smart phones and other devices have evolved to allow various other applications to run on them it's been done where voice/video can be done over wifi. It's kinda late now for BBM, but it's a very good move IMO. Overall I think the new BB looks good, and I seriously hope it will save RIM but from the looks of things Samsung is the way to go. Apple is getting more and more thumbs down for their operations but the fact remains that their devices are still solid. The Android market is up and coming nicely, and if Samsung seeds their devices to the Caribbean then the market may belong to them. A messenger app is not needed because Skype alone (since MS throwing out MSN/WLM) would have people using their regular contact lists and such. Only thing needed now is to pay less for a monthly data plan - is still much cheaper to use a BB than any other phone for data in JA.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".