Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RIM introduces BBM Voice - Make calls to BBM friends free over Wi-Fi

Default RIM introduces BBM Voice - Make calls to BBM friends free over Wi-Fi

And they have BBM Video in BB10

Hot off the announcement of worldwide BlackBerry 10 events in January, RIM has introduced an awesome new version of BBM today. BBM version 7 includes some great updated features including the new BBM Voice. BBM Voice lets you instantly initiate a voice call with BBM friends for free over a Wi-Fii connection.

In any BBM conversation, simply tap the call button and you'll start a voice call - it's that simple. BBM Voice will add some great depth to BBM, providing you the ability to escalate a chat to a voice call when the situation calls for it. This feature should be huge in emerging markets or for anyone calling long distance as there will be no long-distance charges.

Additionally, in BBM you'll be able to see each users status as well so you'll know who is available for a call and who isn't. When on a call you'll see a split-screen view and can still use any other apps on your device. So you can still use the chat function as well as send pictures within BBM or even check email or use the browser.

http://crackberry.com/bbm-voice

Last edited by GPRS Internet; Nov 14, 2012 at 01:34 PM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

pretty nice... a lil late to the party but welcomed nonetheless

Also this new BBM backs up contacts via BBID .... a much welcomed feature..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Also this new BBM backs up contacts via BBID .... a much welcomed feature..
    I can imagine.... annoying to lose your contacts

Not enough to get me back on the BBM Wagon... however I'm still observing closely waiting patiently for January 2013.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    Not enough to get me back on the BBM Wagon... however I'm still observing closely waiting patiently for January 2013.
    far from enough i tell u... its basically wifi calling which pretty "old" tech. niffty lil feature to have especially when in a area that has bad cell signal Yup same here

Yea This alone won't Do it ... Not even sure BB10 can do it,... But We'll see
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Yea This alone won't Do it ... Not even sure BB10 can do it,... But We'll see
    don't talk too loud boss lol.

But we just have to wait and see

I coin it Earstime (facetime for the ears lol). I think this will be more useful than FaceTime if implemented properly. I (like many others) hate video chatting and would prefer a voice call over wifi than a video call. And it's on your bb, no need to sign in or out...I just hope people adopt the proper etiquette for this new feature.
    Google Nexus 6P™

Quote Originally Posted by toyanucci View Post
    I coin it Earstime (facetime for the ears lol). I think this will be more useful than FaceTime if implemented properly. I (like many others) hate video chatting and would prefer a voice call over wifi than a video call. And it's on your bb, no need to sign in or out...I just hope people adopt the proper etiquette for this new feature.
    Running it now ... and i sent a blast about it this morning, and a good percentage of the people on ma list seems to have downloaded and running it...
    Something like this will take off in Jamaica...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..