Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smartphone questions from a newbie

put a lil more and get a galaxy ace, the phone you posted, all now mi cant see the battery specs, i'm usin a cheap droid Alcatel OT 918- its been two months, and i'm a happy person,

rite now buying anythin warranty is a must. even if it cost a lil more
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

That is a chinese dual sim phone, the names alone should tell you they are not from traditional manufacturers. You will have serious with supports like batteries and other parts that goes bad and need replacement. If you have a habit of dropping your phone then you should not think of buying a smart phone for if you do get one for 15k chances are it's going to be a touch screen and you whole 15k will shatter with just one drop.
    Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H .Crucial Ballistix Sports 8Gig ddr3. Llano A8 3870k Quad Core APU. 22" Acer 1680x1050 LCD monitor + 32'' 1080p LCD HDTV. Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Vapor X video card. Mobile: Galaxy Note 4.

U wont be able to successfully run any decent games with the Alcatel tho, so let me warn you, but a device with a decent graphics chip like the ace or the xperia's i posted you cant go wrong with those. Also any phone you thinking of purchasing, youtube the "phone name and/or serial number + review" to see if you can find reviews almost all phones being sold nowadays you can find something about them on youtube also XDA developers forum is another good place to ask questions.
    Don't let Society Dictate how u live UR life

Its URS live it how u wanna!

jomo Guest

Well locally and brand new 15k is obvioulsy out of the question, why not try one of those nokias digicel advertises as 4g and have whatsapp fb twitter etc icons in the ad... Think is 11k sumn, should last a while, and under warranty etc

Apart from that double the figure and get a used s2

I can give you 15k if you get them to make me a mod and ban pezz

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Well locally and brand new 15k is obvioulsy out of the question, why not try one of those nokias digicel advertises as 4g and have whatsapp fb twitter etc icons in the ad... Think is 11k sumn, should last a while, and under warranty etc

Apart from that double the figure and get a used s2

I can give you 15k if you get them to make me a mod and ban pezz
    Sometimes I can't help but laugh when I read your posts A wah u and pezz have so that's u want to ban him?
    DEVICE: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9500)
    Tab: Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0

Thanks guys for the responses.

I guess looking at the no-brand/chinese phones was what fooled me into thinking that a decent smartphone could be bought for 15k.

@Jomo, I saw that. The Nokia Asha 300 I think it is. I tried it in store and I couldn't get the phone to unlock, even tho it says swipe to unlock. Tried at least 8 times. And a youtube review showed that the person had trouble with the touch screen. So figured the touch screen sucks.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

jomo Guest

Lol, not a fan of nokia phones in the least, from n95 days, well a used iphone 4 should be close to the 15k by now, just don't drop it

Really though decent smartphones that would still be of use in 2 years as well over 15k right now, I'm HOPING in the next two years well have an acceleration of technology and see some really mindblowing features like a phone that can vibrate your skin or charge by talking in it or read a girls mind

RubberBand Man Guest

You could try getting a HTC Inspire 4G, more than decent specs, quite affordable, and will last.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Thanks guys for the responses.

I guess looking at the no-brand/chinese phones was what fooled me into thinking that a decent smartphone could be bought for 15k.

@Jomo, I saw that. The Nokia Asha 300 I think it is. I tried it in store and I couldn't get the phone to unlock, even tho it says swipe to unlock. Tried at least 8 times. And a youtube review showed that the person had trouble with the touch screen. So figured the touch screen sucks.
    My wife has that phone, no probs, there's an option in the phone, that you can use to calibrate the touch to suite u, prior to that she was one miserable wifey, its very nice phone, i play around with it myself sumtimes, its capacitive touch, if u knw what that means,but if my wife gets around, sure u can
    Last edited by nevintech; Nov 14, 2012 at 11:20 AM.
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Buy the Nokia Asha 300 or a Used Blackberry. The Android drones on this site are clearly not in touch with reality. 2 years ago the Galaxy S was the best phone ever! Now they wont even recommend it to their mother. There is a imbalance between what they say and what they do. Clearly some people don't care to join a 2 year contract paying 5000+ a year just so they can read twitter while at a bar drinking cheap liquor.