Thread: PCSX2 1.0 (Playstaion 2 emulator for PC)

Default PCSX2 1.0 (Playstaion 2 emulator for PC)

The PS2 is ever so close to be perfectly emulated and this release has been optimized to work with most of the popular titles. Since most of you might have finally upgraded your rigs this is the perfect time to try out the PS2 emulator as it supports more than 2 cores of processing now.

You can get it here:
    http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/

Check out their homepage for updates and the support forums for help with the emulator:
    http://pcsx2.net/

Quote Originally Posted by pcsx2.net
    After many long years of development, debugging and testing effort, we have reached a point where PCSX2 runs a great majority of the games, and there are no important issues that could possibly be fixed without requiring major modifications to the emulator.

Because of that (and because we already felt it was overdue), we decided to stop thinking of new things to do for a bit, polish the stability, compatibility and existing features and release the result as the first major version of PCSX2!

There have been tons of changes since the last release, including improvements to Jake Stine's wxWidgets GUI overhaul, cottonvibes' new multithreaded VU core and improvements on the primary plugins.

This release is a big milestone that marks the way to new features and improvements!

Here is an excerpt of the latest changes:

Windows

Core:

Video timing adjustments
    microVU fixes for Metal Gear Solid 2 and others
    General speedups
    microVU speedup
    New GIF unit that mimics the real one better
    microVU elementary function bug fixed (affecting Valkyrie Profile 2, Radiata Stories and Star Ocean 3)
    Implemented Multi-Threaded VU! A new speed hack with almost 100% compatibility with games, using a third core to run the VU1 unit separately
    CDVD fixes (Time Crisis boots now)
    Added support for progressive scan timings
    Path 3 arbitration and timing refinements
    Added Finnish, Malaysian, Korean, French, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese and Polish translations

SPU2-X:

Configurable output volume
    Fixes to reverb
    Various sound looping fixes
    Improved time stretcher
    Reverse phase audio quality improved

GSdx:

Fixed RGB mode movie recording
    Texture cache change that fixes some black screening games
    Implemented NVidia FXAA 3.10, page up key activates it
    Better multithreading
    Arc the Lad bad fog fix
    Fixed shadows in software renderer
    Implementation of GSdx "Shadeboost" project (saturation, brightness, contrast settings)
    User configurable hacks in the GUI
    Fixed flickering in many FMVs
    Implementation of GSdx "Cutie" project (various extra CRC hacks)

Lilypad:

Pad state getting stuck with savestates bug fixed

USBqemu:

Revamped it a bit

Linux:

OnePad changes:

New dialog configuration panel
    Improved support of various pad (sixaxis)/mouse/wiimote
    Added support for more controllers
    Added support for pressure-sensitive buttons

GSdx:

GSdx ported for Linux! Based on OpenGL 3.3 with some 4.x hardware independent extensions. Requires OpenGL 4.2 drivers and is still in experimental stages. Don't expect the hardware renderer to run properly, but the Software renderer should be fine.

Added support for configuration and keyboard shortcuts from PCSX2

ZZogl:

Added support for configuration and keyboard shortcuts from PCSX2
    Added a GLSL backend to replace CG. Like GSdx, it requires OpenGL 4.2 drivers. Only available with PCSX2 self-compilation.

PCSX2 GUI:

Added thread timing information to see the CPU usage in the status bar
    Fix multiple frame/box letters sizing.

In addition to these changes we found a fixed several bugs that could lead to crashes in various situations.
    The PCSX2 executable has been built and tested with PGO optimizations enabled so it will be an extra 10% faster over regular SVN builds.
    Screenshot of Soul Caliber 3 in window mode:
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

can this emulator play burnt ISO games?

I had this it was awesome got to relive tenchu
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_nitros View Post
    can this emulator play burnt ISO games?
    You don't need to burn it. Just copy the image to your hard drive and use the emulator to mount it. Works best that way.

Quote Originally Posted by zerodeth View Post
    I had this it was awesome got to relive tenchu
    I going try that one too, heard it's good.
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

yea im sad that they havent revived the serious for the current gen consoles, now Assassin's Crred is the closest hing to a ninja game we have now
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

how big are the files if your downloading those games online?

Quote Originally Posted by exothermic View Post
    how big are the files if your downloading those games online?
    Depends on the game, but you know PS2 games are DVD's so from over 4 gigs to 8 gigs.

God of War 2 is the biggest I've ever gotten so far which is over 8 gigs.

I can't seem to find Tenchu though, it hard to find .

i had found it on demonoid b4 it went kaput

I found it on my reliable site . Not even using speed hacks and game running at full speed all the time:

Main Screen:

Training:

Using 1900x1080 internal res mode. Still tweaking: