Thread: Apple - A Letter From Tim Cook on Maps

Default Apple - A Letter From Tim Cook on Maps

Apple Apologizing Apple Admitting to Falling Short Apple Advising Costumers to try Alternatives while they improve ..

No sah, Steve Turning in his Grave now

Apple Total World Domination is Slipping lol

To our customers,

At Apple, we strive to make world-class products that deliver the best experience possible to our customers. With the launch of our new Maps last week, we fell short on this commitment. We are extremely sorry for the frustration this has caused our customers and we are doing everything we can to make Maps better.

We launched Maps initially with the first version of iOS. As time progressed, we wanted to provide our customers with even better Maps including features such as turn-by-turn directions, voice integration, Flyover and vector-based maps. In order to do this, we had to create a new version of Maps from the ground up.

There are already more than 100 million iOS devices using the new Apple Maps, with more and more joining us every day. In just over a week, iOS users with the new Maps have already searched for nearly half a billion locations. The more our customers use our Maps the better it will get and we greatly appreciate all of the feedback we have received from you.

While we’re improving Maps, you can try alternatives by downloading map apps from the App Store like Bing, MapQuest and Waze, or use Google or Nokia maps by going to their websites and creating an icon on your home screen to their web app.

Everything we do at Apple is aimed at making our products the best in the world. We know that you expect that from us, and we will keep working non-stop until Maps lives up to the same incredibly high standard.

Tim Cook
    Apple’s CEO

http://www.apple.com/letter-from-tim-cook-on-maps/
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Sep 28, 2012 at 11:11 AM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Its good that a CEO can apology the company has faults than ignoring it.
    Better they sayed with Google Maps in the first place and cut a deal for turn by turn navigation branded google. Being exculsive doesn't always word out

jomo Guest

Good honest work here by apple, lose offa dem still

Yea pretend they didnt know it was awful before releasing it.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Well here comes the "if Apple can apologize ..." joke.

Seriously tho, does anyone else see that the 5 is just a 4Ss? (Emphasis on the last 's')
    Zee
    -----
    To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

Quote Originally Posted by techdude View Post
    Well here comes the "if Apple can apologize ..." joke.

Seriously tho, does anyone else see that the 5 is just a 4Ss? (Emphasis on the last 's')
    obviously you seem to be totally BLIND or are giving a totally new meaning to the saying
    "completely in the dark of one's own ignorance"
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

Quote Originally Posted by lojikal View Post
    obviously you seem to be totally BLIND or are giving a totally new meaning to the saying
    LetMeExplain. My saying it is just a 4s's' cuz what is new here is a bigger screen and dock connector.. Same similarities with the "upgrade" from the 4. (SIRI & camera)..
    Zee
    -----
    To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

Quote Originally Posted by techdude View Post
    LetMeExplain. My saying it is just a 4s's' cuz what is new here is a bigger screen and dock connector.. Same similarities with the "upgrade" from the 4. (SIRI & camera)..
    Again my observation as stated before stands Your reply only served to confirm the already ignorant mind.
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

Has the maps improved yet?

SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality