Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5-inch Google Nexus smartphone reportedly in the works from HTC

Default 5-inch Google Nexus smartphone reportedly in the works from HTC

HTC’s (2498) rumored DROID Incredible X smartphone has allegedly been chosen as one of Google’s (GOOG) upcoming Nexus devices, according to a report from GSM Arena. Google is widely expected to have not one but five new Nexus devices available to consumers this fall. Earlier this year, the search giant partnered with ASUS (2357) to release the Nexus 7 tablet, the first Nexus-branded device of 2012. The Mountain View-based company has reportedly partnered with HTC to produce the Google “Nexus 5″ smartphone.

The device is said to be running Android 4.1.2 — which includes bug fixes, Project Butter improvements, additional lock screen functionality and other tweaks — and is said to be equipped with a 5-inch 1080p full HD display and a quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor. The company’s first phablet will also feature “a super slim design” and a large 2,500 mAh battery, 4G LTE connectivity, up to 64GB of internal storage and a 12-megapixel rear camera.
    Samsung (005930), Sony (SNE) and LG (066570) are also rumored to be prepping Nexus devices that will launch this fall.
    http://news.yahoo.com/5-inch-google-...152501537.html
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

this is what I have been waiting on, time to hold off on the One X
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Ignores Htc.......................
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

DWL.. i was waiting on THAT pezz...
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl@ze View Post
    DWL.. i was waiting on THAT pezz...
    lol still my fav android company still. I dont like they hamper xda development by purposely holding back source code.

I gonna have to find another fav company.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    lol still my fav android company still. I dont like they hamper xda development by purposely holding back source code.

They claim they have to inorder to gain competitive advantage.
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

If it's a nexus device then we shouldn't have this problem.
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift ... that is why it is called the present

if its really a nexus device..this shouldnt be an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    They claim they have to inorder to gain competitive advantage.
    If this is true, they shouldn't be working with anything open source as they clearly don't have a concept of open source.

Quote Originally Posted by marl30 View Post
    If this is true, they shouldn't be working with anything open source as they clearly don't have a concept of open source.
    Umm... I don't think you understand...

Android is distributed using the Apache V2 license

Why did you pick the Apache v2 open source license?
    Apache is a commercialr–friendly open source license. The Apache license allows manufacturers and mobile operators to innovate using the platform without the requirement to contribute those innovations back to the open source community. Because these innovations and differentiated features can be kept proprietary, manufacturers and mobile operators are protected from the “viral infection” problem often associated with other licenses.
    If the Open Handset Alliance is giving it all away for free, how will the platform be differentiated?
    Because the Apache license does not have a copyleft clause, industry players can add proprietary functionality to their products based on Android without needing to contribute anything back to the platform. As the entire platform is open, companies can remove functionality if they choose. Applications are not set in stone, and differentiation is always possible. For example, if you want to include Hotmail instead of Gmail, it will not be an issue.
    Source: Android FAQ Open Handset Alliance
    Last edited by Gillion; Sep 25, 2012 at 03:44 PM.
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.