Thread: Windows 8 PC (WEI) Rating

Post Windows 8 PC (WEI) Rating

A Place to Discuss and Compare Windows 8 WEI Ratings

Windows 8 Windows Experience Index (WEI)

What is the Windows Experience Index?

The Windows Experience Index measures the capability of your computer's hardware and software configuration and expresses this measurement as a number called a base score. A higher base score generally means that your computer will perform better and faster than a computer with a lower base score, especially when performing more advanced and resource-intensive tasks.

Each hardware component receives an individual subscore. Your computer's base score is determined by the lowest subscore. For example, if the lowest subscore of an individual hardware component is 2.6, then the base score is 2.6. The base score is not an average of the combined subscores.

You can use the base score to confidently buy programs and other software that are matched to your computer's base score. For example, if your computer has a base score of 3.3, then you can confidently purchase any software designed for this version of Windows that requires a computer with a base score of 3 or lower.

The base scores currently range from 1 to 9.9 for Windows 8. The Windows Experience Index is designed to accommodate advances in computer technology. As hardware speed and performance improves, higher base scores will be introduced. However, the standards for each level of the index stay the same. For example, a computer scored as a 2.8 will remain a 2.8 unless you decide to upgrade the computer's hardware.

Here is mine for my Desktop:

Here is mine for my Laptop:
    Last edited by King_Jay16; Jan 9, 2013 at 07:33 PM.

Default How To Get an Accurate WEI Rating

How To Get an Accurate WEI Rating

To ensure you get an Accurate WEI score do the following:

1. Set your Power/Battery Settings to Performance Mode. This ensures your CPU doesn't throttle down.
    2. Reboot your PC to fully close any programs.
    3. After rebooting start the WEI Rating Test. Do not open any programs or windows until the test is completed.

bump, updated my WEI

is it a cylinder hard drive you have in or a Solid state to get that 8.1 scrore

^^ its an SSD, you would need a very fast raid setup to get 8.1 with a mechanical drive

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.