Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 5 in Ja?

Quote Originally Posted by redrory View Post
    So it's likely that LIME will introduce "nano-sims" as they expand to carrying the iPhone 5.
    So what does that means for us Digicel users?
    Well Digicel has no plans to carry Iphones as they're going the Android route so with that said unless another phone comes out soon that uses nano-sim I have a feeling it's going to be a while before they stock nano-sim

Well android phones are less expensive overall and just as good so not a bad move either way.

Quote Originally Posted by yogi_hm View Post
    Well Digicel has no plans to carry Iphones as they're going the Android route so with that said unless another phone comes out soon that uses nano-sim I have a feeling it's going to be a while before they stock nano-sim
    So we're pretty much out of luck.

Apple tends to use similar standards for its products so expect the next iPad to also use nano-SIMs as well. Execs all over Jamaica use both LIME and Digicel SIMs in their iPads so it stands to reason that nano-SIMs will be available from both carriers at some point in the future.

Word is that the Chinese have already found a way to convert micro-SIMs to nano-SIMs so fret not. Still trying to figure out how they managed to shave the 15% off the micro-SIM with a cutter though

Bad news for those of us who wants to make use of the new lower data rates on digicel.

True sat still. I'm not a fan of the nano sim . Sure it saves space for the mobile manufacturers, but the micro sim is the right size for me. That nano sim is sure be easily misplaces, lost, damaged easily if u change simcatds a lot

Eventually both carriers will have nano-sims, I'm thinking Lime might be 1st but I don't see Digicel letting customers go to Lime that easily so they will carry it as welll at some point. Just a matter of when, and if you all are looking to order an factory unlocked Iphone 5 you either have to pre-order it from Apple's Canada store/site or wait several weeks for it to be available on Apples US store?site

There is a sim card cutter designed for the the iphone 5 as seen here

Well I can safely say that all Verizon Iphone 5 are already being sold factory unlocked

Story found here: http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/09...ne-5-unlocked/
    Last edited by Bawn_Jamaican; Sep 22, 2012 at 07:00 PM.
    Need more information? Send a PM or Email Me @ Ralphsteinhibbert@gmail.com--- You can also call me @ 377 - 5710 (no privated numbers).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawn_Jamaican View Post
    Click the blue arrow to see me

Quote Originally Posted by Bawn_Jamaican View Post
    Well I can safely say that all Verizon Iphone 5 are already being sold factory unlocked

Story found here: http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/09...ne-5-unlocked/
    Before we jump in joy and get Verizon devices. See this update via The Verge

Update: Those considering purchasing the Verizon model on the basis that it ships unlocked should do so with caution. Last year, the Sprint variation of the iPhone 4S also shipped unlocked, but after a subsequent update, users were tied to the company's nationwide network.

I saw that this weekend, being release oct 2