Thread: Tablet Online Security?

Default Tablet Online Security?

How secure is doing financial transactions on a Tablet? Paying bills on bank websites purchasing off Amazon, Newegg etc via Paypal account or credit card?
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Done this countless times never had an issue security wise, almost similar to doing transaction on your desktop browser. Only difference I realise is some websites gives you the mobile version when on a tablet, dependent on the browser being used.
    Current: LG Nexus 5 - Digicel
    Retired: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

pretty secure i would imagine but I guess it depends on ur browser, ur encryption and if u have a password to unlock it
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

I was kinda looking at it from the angle than not only does a desktop or a Laptop has security from the browser but some of us are running various firewall on our systems so I was thinking that would be an extra layer of protection. I was also wondering since the Tablet browsers are basically a stripped down version of the browser if the security may not also be lacking.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

short answer: it depends

long answer: from the browser perspective, the responsibility of transaction/ data encryption and protection is on the seller, but is in most cases as secure as the traditional desktop version of the site.

however, from the app perspective, all encryption and data storage concerns must be taken into consideration by the developer. There are actually quite a few additional aspects for developers to be mindful of when it comes to this. Particularly if data will be transmitted wirelessly. All in all. there is a greater chance that from a coding standpoint, a recently developed mobile app will be less secure than an existing site.
    >>Insert something witty here<<

Use google chrome on your tablet and it will be very much sercure
    Current: LG Nexus 5 - Digicel
    Retired: Samsung Galaxy Nexus