Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: C Challenge (Part 1)

Shame ,homework i dont go to skool.and i know the answer and note i should have said no files.

given three posts (towers) and n disks of decreasing sizes, move the disks from one post to another one at a time without putting a larger disk on a smaller one. The minimum is 2n-1 moves. The "ancient legend" was invented by De Parville in 1884.I have written this already and i made it animated,so lets see if this not challenging

Is this problem the Towers of Hanoi, or is it just a similar one?
    There is no wrong or right, only consequencies to action

"It is the duty of man to make his knowledge so complete in life, so as to make it impossible for any other to take advantage of him" - Marcus Garvey

I think the peeps that post these problems are getting them as assignments...they remind me too much of when I was learning C
    Calm Like a BOMB

This one is trivia still. Not a very good encryption. But I will try it when I get a chance.
    Life is not measured by the number of breathes you take but by the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by matronyx
    I think the peeps that post these problems are getting them as assignments...they remind me too much of when I was learning C

Actually the first "challenge" sound like it was made up? It wasnt a bad attempt just wish he had read it before posting.

Shame ,homework i dont go to skool.and i know the answer and note i should have said no files.
    Alright boss!

BTW isn't it time we all start learning C# im leaving C and C++ behind, too much headaches.

Bredda dont clutter the post if you cant answer then learn some thing i can answer any question i Post homework ? Please see di answer no file.The question about sorting without knowing facts is taught in every good CS program in the US and Europe. and this one was written by Ken thompson.

C# cant be used to write doom 3, too much overhead,ASM and c are still needed so please dont stop learning them and i am only posting stuff i have solved.Why would a teacher give a test he cant pass?

We have an array with 15 numbers that should be avoided how do we avoid them
    unsigned int avoid (unsigned int arr[15]) {
    int x = ~( (a[ 0] & (1 << 0)) |
    (a[ 1] & (1 << 1)) |

(a[14] & (1 <<14)) |
    (a[15] & (1 << 15)) );
    return x;
    }

Quote Originally Posted by The good guy
    C# cant be used to write doom 3, too much overhead,ASM and c are still needed so please dont stop learning them and i am only posting stuff i have solved.Why would a teacher give a test he cant pass?
    u won't find a lot of doom 3, c and asm jobs lying around the place. C is a nice introductory course to programming, but when it come to application programming well then thats another story. Frankly there is nothing in this thread for me to learn, but i'll keep looking out for a real challenge.

self replicating code l

main(p){
    printf(p,34,p="main(a){printf(p,34,p=%c%s%c,34); }",34); }
    done this was written by the great parker shaw