Thread: Starting in computing

Default Starting in computing

Hey guys.. I think it's time i start my career in computing I'm not sure where to start so i would like some advices and inputs from you all
    i can do a little repairs i love the idea of programming and i spend at least 6 - 8 hrs in front of a computer everyday on FACEBOOK,TAGGED,
    and all other stupid sites..so please i need the encouragement and guidance.. where to start where to do it what to do?????

the easiest thing IMO to learn is web development....there are so many CMS and ready made scripts out there now achieving pro-grade websites is now almost a breeze.....my advice....get some free hosting and test out some HTML CSS and some JAVA + CMS.....u mentioned programming...if u have little or no knowledge in C++ u wont reach far

If you like repairs enough to do it all the time then go for A+ / Network+ / CCNA / etc.

If you like programming (love you said) then either build on that and show companies what you can do then develop for them. Either get into the developing for a local company or you could try your hand at developing for companies overseas. You will need to know what languages they require at the company you plan to work for. A good start I think (not a programmer so don't quote me) is C/C+/C++/C#. If you want to do individual developing then there are free languages such as Python out there. Some people require things like SQL and HTML - but then again - depends on what part of programming you plan to get in to.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

So then if I'm going to do programming i should start with C and for repairs i should start off wit A+ that's what I'm getting from you so far..which do you think is best .Online study or find somewhere in JA to enroll, I'm working but should be able to get time from work if i choose do go to classes do you think it would be wise to do more than one at a time??

If you going do repairs go somewhere locally for classes. For A+/Network+ you just need to study @ home - don't need to go to any classes. Only way is if you think you need help grasping the concepts then either find someone who is in it already or go to a class.

For programming you could enroll online for that.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

I was thinking about A+ at Infoserv but i heard i would have to do an intro course first.. I rally don't think that's necessary but that's how they do it

You just get the material - study till you're ready - register at CompTIA - pay for the exam - go and take it at a center (such as Infoserv). No need to register or do anything else.