Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel Group - Software Developer or Support Engineer - Salary

Exclamation Results on IT Salaries in Jamaica - Private and Government - Including Company Names

Does any one have an idea how much a Digicel GROUP position like the above mentioned is paid.
    Doesn't have to be the exact thing...I just need an idea..but if u know how much that would be great...thx
    Need to know to decide if I should gear up to leave my job
    Last edited by aksultra; Jun 15, 2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Title now more relevant to discussion

Quote Originally Posted by aksultra View Post
    Need to know to decide if I should leave my job
    This makes no sense. Why leave your current job before being offered a compensation package?
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

Don't leave your job unless you are guaranteed a position elsewhere. Always the grass is greener - and sometimes it actually is - but never leave certainty for uncertainty. If the next place does actually want you then they need to give you the requisite 30 days to leave your current employer and move to your new job.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by Ropy View Post
    This makes no sense. Why leave your current job before being offered a compensation package?
    You are a genius sir....a genius i tell u....

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Don't leave your job unless you are guaranteed a position elsewhere. Always the grass is greener - and sometimes it actually is - but never leave certainty for uncertainty. If the next place does actually want you then they need to give you the requisite 30 days to leave your current employer and move to your new job.
    good response...but wat I meant was "if i should start making preparations"
    Sorry for the miscommunication on my part.

Please dont respond anymore with advice on leaving my job or not...focus on the question...which is if u know or not...if u dont know then ignore the post please and thanks...

well then...wow...no one knows about digicel huh...how wierd is that...?

Salary discussions are frowned upon in the private sector as there is no set standard and it all depends on what is negotiated during your interview process.

You asked specifically if people don't know they must ignore the post so I guess it was ignored.

Good luck on your interview Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    Salary discussions are frowned upon in the private sector as there is no set standard and it all depends on what is negotiated during your interview process.

You asked specifically if people don't know they must ignore the post so I guess it was ignored.

Also depends - someone who would be a senior person in the same job category (just with more years) may take home 15 dollars while you take home 10 - or 10 when you take home 8 - it depends as you pointed out.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post

No one wants to say what they get paid and it varies greatly company to company. aksultra must have passed the first interview or else it would be like a cart before the horse thing.

aksutra,

A word of advice, as other people said before: The grass is always greener and nothing is promised.

Unless you absolutely hate your current job don't start preparing to leave until you have an offer letter in hand(that states remuneration and benefits) from elsewhere.

Regarding salary at Digicel, based on my discussions with people there, I find that they have a significantly large band for positions that should be in the same pay grade which I assume is due to how much the company valued each person and their negotiating skills. so just wait for your offer letter to find out what you would be getting.