Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: Digicel 4G

Digicel 4G is rubbish in Kingston and Portmore. My Note 3 shows me 4G and even with full signal strength the pages refuses to load. Frankly I am very displeased with Digicel's 4G over the past few weeks. I simply leave my phone on EDGE like the poster above says to get my messages.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel20 View Post
    Digicel 4G Boom

Published: Sunday | April 20, 2014

As part of its 4G mobile network expansion across the island, Digicel technical team visited St Mary and Manchester recently where they installed and activated new 4G mobile cell sites to provide residents of Carron Hall and Moore Hall with full coverage.

The telecommunications company is in the process of rolling out an additional 170 4G mobile sites across Jamaica, which will see it increasing its 4G network coverage from 80 per cent to 92 per cent population coverage.

With that said, there are devices available and long awaiting introduction to the Jamaican market. Devices such as the one seen in this video:-

FAST PORTABLE HOTSPOT ROUTER

For people who are without any form of internet access, 4G mobile service could be a valid solution as people with Tablets (no SIM slot), Laptops and other wireless devices who are dying for connectivity.
    Lets hope this service is quickly rolled out and an UNLIMITED and COST EFFECTIVE option also added...
    Last edited by ray_tika; Dec 30, 2014 at 02:40 PM.

How you guys and Digicel's 4G nowadays? Not working well for me at all.

Utter Rubbish. Digicel 4G has gone to the dogs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    Say it loud. Digicel has a representative trolling TJ. Let them know the dissatisfaction.

ATM. My cheesy dual sim favors lime...

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    That should have been the cry from day one. What Digicel sells as "4G" is not actual 4G. We all know that, we ought to, at least... this is a technology forum. Digicel is hyping up 2.5G as 4G and when you call them out on it, they say its 'marketing'.

What Digicel selling is "FAUX-G", the lesser known cousin of 4G
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

In the last 3 months there has been a ridiculous degradation of the 3G service.
    There isn't a single Youtube video that I can pull up and watch while on the road... except if I am near to a tower.

In days gone by 3Mbps was the norm... on bad days it was 1Mbps

Now I get 0.5 Mbps and that is when it has not switched over to edge.

What happens most often than not is the device will switch to edge the minute you try doing anything that requires bandwidth... forget soundcloud and tune in radio.

Forget Youtube.

I knew this would happen once they started selling dl600, dl700, alcatel, nokia/windows and huawei cheap phones...

loads of users buying data but no one can really enjoy the high end aspects... just messaging.

its as if i have been sent back to blackberry days

I wondering if lime is any better right now.
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

Gillion best to wait until LIME finish their network upgrades. I have their service and yes they are better than Digicel, they are just not constant as the signal fluctuates. Digicel just Slow like a snail period.

jomo Guest

Since lately, our since I'm using an s4, in mobay digicel 4g a shot!!!!!! Nah lie it's as fast as the wifi I'm used to...

It nah gimmi but fi complain about! I'm happy with the service now

And dropped calls no calls etc are things of the past

Look like a di crappy bb mi did a uss