Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch Dogs: Could it really be next-gen?

Default Watch Dogs: Could it really be next-gen?

Zerodeth mentioned this in the Max Payne 3 thread and these guys are saying it might be a next-gen game. It obviously can run on a PC but it did look just a bit over the current gen consoles. If it is next gen .... its way out there for me. Was going to wait a year or 2 to buy ps4.

http://www.gamesradar.com/watch-dogs...y-be-next-gen/

Ubisoft told us they were giving us a glimpse of the future before showing off Watch Dogs. That future? Almost definitely Ubisoft's first showing of its next-gen technology. Never mind that both Sony and Microsoft elected not to show us their next-gen consoles this E3 - we're pretty damn sure we've just been given the first glimpse of the next generation of console gaming regardless. Don't believe us? Then take a look at the trailer again and then scroll down to see the detail that shows almost without question that this game is not going to be released on Xbox 360/PS3.
    Last edited by semitop; Jun 5, 2012 at 05:55 PM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Im gonna start saving for the PS4 or watever they gonna call it im serious
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

All I have to say is: thank God I'll be working when these systems launch! I'll wait a year before buying one of course 'cause, y'know, there are always issues at launch.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

Yes, next year will be a good year. Will buy a PS4 and a 720, best of both worlds.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe Hellscream View Post
    Yes, next year will be a good year. Will buy a PS4 and a 720, best of both worlds.
    I am not even looking at the ms console for a year. next thing is a RROD720 crap going on.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Gameplay video out with a lil review:

Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Well I guess by now you all know that Watch Dogs has been delayed. Kinda ridiculous. So 1 month from release they push the game back not 1, 2, 3 or 4 months. How about 6-7 months. Something about game needs to be polished. Yeah right, 1 month before release would mean all the games would have been stamped to dvd and packaged so obviously they planned to do this ages ago. 6 months...by that time Destiny, The Division, GTA5(PC) will be out so who's really gonna care about WD then? I'm not buying it over Destiny for sure. Will probably be able to pick it up on a Steam sale in 2015.
    Last edited by ShadowWolfe Hellscream; Oct 20, 2013 at 03:28 AM.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

This game would have definitely been a top seller, and its a next-gen seller as well. But I get the belief they delayed it because of the competition it would already have now, in an already very competent initial next-gen userbase, more specifically competition with their own game, Assassin's Creed IV. Yes, AC already has it's own fanbase, but these are people who may already be getting weary of the series after the last 2 iterations. So say a man buy a PS4 for $400, worse a Xbox One for $500, add another $60 for Watch Dogs which would be the killer app of course, you think they gonna look at spending another $60 on a very similar game in AC IV at the same time? I don't. I thought it was very bold of them to be putting out such similar games at the same time in the first place.

Way I see it, AC IV already has this winter release window, I'd bump Watch Dogs to Spring as well if they intend on continuing both these series. Makes no sense they competing with each other when they almost the same games with settings just 500 years apart at this stage. People that are into them will not be buying both at the same time.

This does however, dampen not only mine but many people's excitement for picking up a next gen console this year, and on release day. This was the most anticipated next gen game coming out on release day.. Now that it's gone, what's left now? You're looking on it from a PC gamer perspective, but this was much more important in the console world.
    Android>iPhone>>>>>>.....>>>>>>BlackBerry

I'm looking at it from both perspectives more so console as Destiny will be a console only game. I'm not peeved that they pushed it back, rather, the timing and the "excuse* they gave. Many people had this game bundled. This was supposed to be my first next-gen console game. I'm not interested in AC4 just yet until I've finished the ones that preceeded it. Truth works better in this situation that what we just got. You don't just start making preparations to box, ship and distribute to retail with a month remaining and I cant believe if they already had that done they are just going to write off thousands of DVDs. Half a years more worth of polishing? I hope they start their own line of shoes.

Delay it, sure, but tell wi long before nuh? This must be a first. Now the prospect of getting the system sans WD isnt so appealing so I cancelled the pre-order. I know of at least one person who was actually going to Chicago and bought a plane ticket. I myself asked for vacation time around then though I would've been driving. Me no prob I can stay home, but what about Alex with his now useless ticket? Thats where I'm coming from.

Game can now be pre-ordered on steam.

I might buy it but not till my new video card reach.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow