Thread: CCNA Certification

Yung_Jah Guest

Default CCNA Certification

Was considering to do this course....but dont have 60grand to attend the class....which will begin as soon as they find 15 students, which will last for 9months.

Is it possible for me to learn it on my own?

If yes, what will be needed to prepare myself.

How much is it to do the exam to be certified and where?

Quote Originally Posted by Yung_Jah View Post
    Was considering to do this course....but dont have 60grand to attend the class....which will begin as soon as they find 15 students, which will last for 9months.

Is it possible for me to learn it on my own?

If yes, what will be needed to prepare myself.

How much is it to do the exam to be certified and where?
    see this thread
    http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...w-to-pass-ccna
    Dip,Bsc,CCNA,CCSP,MCP.. Up next MCSA WINDOWS 8, CCNA SECURITY,CCNP SWITCH,
    CCNA SEEKING AN OPPORTUNITY
    Theres no Friend Like Google..........

My two cents, are you doing this is hopes of finding a job afterwards that can best utilize your newly acquired skills? If so i would recommend you not do CCNA, if you are already employed and need the knowledge then by all means go ahead.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

If so i would recommend you not do CCNA... then wat else wud u do if u seeking a job???

Do a more in demand cert and work on your resume and cover letter, call companies like Innovative Corporate Solutions, Fujitsu, Illuminat and find out conference dates to meet people. CCNA's are a dime a dozen and will not help you stand out. If its a case you need overall network and switching knowledge the do it, but if its to increase your marketability you will be sorely disappointed. Your instructors will try to convince you otherwise though.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

jackal Guest

.................................................. ....................
    Last edited by jackal; Apr 21, 2013 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by topanaris View Post
    Your instructors will try to convince you otherwise though.
    dat a true... remember if enuff students not in the class they wont get any money so dey looking out fi dem self........... ccna really doesnt mean a thing today... its just a hr filter...... the cert doesnt make the man...its the man that makes the cert.................. like my slef im a really skilled engineer but guess what i havent got a chance to utilise my skillset all now cause i dont know anyone in DIGI, LIME, FUJITSU or even INNOVATIVE, FISCAL and SYNCON...

even thinking of doing the new ccna data center cert or ccna sp just to renew my ccna as it expire next year ana all now i dont use it ...........................................

jackal Guest

.................................................. ....................
    Last edited by jackal; Apr 21, 2013 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazeeplayer View Post
    dat a true... remember if enuff students not in the class they wont get any money so dey looking out fi dem self........... ccna really doesnt mean a thing today... its just a hr filter...... the cert doesnt make the man...its the man that makes the cert.................. like my slef im a really skilled engineer but guess what i havent got a chance to utilise my skillset all now cause i dont know anyone in DIGI, LIME, FUJITSU or even INNOVATIVE, FISCAL and SYNCON...

even thinking of doing the new ccna data center cert or ccna sp just to renew my ccna as it expire next year ana all now i dont use it ...........................................

Don't be of the mindset that only "links" will get you into one of those companies. I have spent over $850 usd on the cisco exams and just acquired the ccnp and I am now moving onto voice. I don't even use any cisco devices in my current role but I am planning for the near future. I know its hard to want to do a certain job or have a specific career but you just have to believe and be ready when opportunity knocks. If you believe it will only happen if you know someone who knows someone then you might as well quit then.

Quote Originally Posted by WanabeR View Post
    you believe it will only happen if you know someone who knows someone then you might as well quit then.
    The sad fact is that we live in JA where it is proven over and over time and time again that is it who you kno and not necessarily what u kno... i know personally 7 of my frens...... the reason y they are in their jobs is because of links.... they went on the innterviews.... persons were there more qualified, skilled, etc... but guess what... they didnt get the job, the LINk pushed them through.... but i wont stop getting cisco certs..... as its better to have and not use than to need and not have..... i might get a overseas call to say whn can i fly out...... and stuff like dat....

haffi guh put down some serious prayer........ and not put faith in man but in GOD