Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Disappointment with FLOW's speed

Ok. It would be interesting to see where those high pings are. Could you doa trace route to google by entering this in your command prompt and paste the results here. "tracert www.google.com"
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by techmenace View Post
    they said it's "Up to 12,288 / 1,024 kbps" notice the "up to" saves them from lawsuits I guess
    haven't gotten that ever
    the highest speed I get is on torrents 1.2Mbps and that is on a good swarm
    not to mention some sites are generally slow
    can download from youtube at 1Mbps
    as someone said, it can decrease depending on how many persons on the network but then again who is there to compete with flow? lime?
    ah. I forgot about that up to crap. But still, if they are the ones imposing the 1.4MBps limit on 20mbps customers and other limits on other customers, it seems kinda shady. They choose when you get that up to speed while they use the higher number to hook you into their service. Something should be possible. The reasons u get way lower than the advertised speeds should be out of the companies hands. I'd at least expect to have a constant 20mbps allowance from them.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

4.15mbs is faster than 74% of jm????????
    wow that really sucks

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    ah. I forgot about that up to crap. But still, if they are the ones imposing the 1.4MBps limit on 20mbps customers and other limits on other customers, it seems kinda shady. They choose when you get that up to speed while they use the higher number to hook you into their service. Something should be possible. The reasons u get way lower than the advertised speeds should be out of the companies hands. I'd at least expect to have a constant 20mbps allowance from them.
    From what i can see it seem they r the ones imposing the limit on the connection. as they crap so-called 12mb can;t even get 1MB per sec stable . always with them throttle speed limit of 860kb on the connection ..
    Anyone who get more than that on a 12mb constant, post it to let us know .