Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointment with FLOW's speed

Yung_Jah Guest

Default Disappointment with FLOW's speed

So we switch over to FLOW yesterday knowing it was cheaper for the bills with more speed.

But somehow I am disappointed. Not getting no where close to 10mb, even though its a 12mb package.

Or am I talking too fast since the line just added though the box was already on the wall (outside) for 2 to 4 years now?

Or should I believe that FLOW is not stable? (I am not expecting the full 12, but at least 10 or 11).

(Had LIME's 4mb for 3mths, but their 2mb for about 6 to 7 years).

What y'all gotta say on this matter?

We'll join everyone else in the " flow woes" thread...

Any way I have only seen 12mb once... the day after the 12mb was launched.... since the is has been roughly 8mb ever since.
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

Do speed test at different times of the Day... That's the issue with Cable.. speed will always decrease based on the network load.
    Try some speed test in the early AM hours..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

rely more on dl speeds rather than speed tests I have the 20mb package and I get consistent dl speeds of 1.4MB with a good file, just remember that speed is also determined on the server u getting your stuff from
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

I get good speed 1.4 1.5 with my 20 mb.
    speed test spikes 25 then drops to 19mb
    Nickname: Virus
    Education: B.Sc. Computer Information Science, Asc. Mass Communication, MCSD, MCSE and CCNA

I have seen steam downloads up to 2.3MB and stay there consistently, but like I said as soon as I move in going to test the 100MB for a month
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

for me ever since i got flow bout last October i been getting different speeds throughout the day (i live in Mona Heights) sometimes u get the 1.2MB/s DL speed other times u not getting over 100Kb/s Most times tho U get a stable speed between 500-900KB/s

Yung_Jah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bl@ze View Post
    We'll join everyone else in the " flow woes" thread...

Any way I have only seen 12mb once... the day after the 12mb was launched.... since the is has been roughly 8mb ever since.
    Zeen. So i guess I will be in that range most of the time then.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Do speed test at different times of the Day... That's the issue with Cable.. speed will always decrease based on the network load.
    Try some speed test in the early AM hours..
    Will try the early morning hours. Did the speed test several times yesterday after the FLOW technician left. The highest I got only once was 9mb. Then the rest was 8mb and one 7mb. Seems like LIME is more stable than FLOW.

Quote Originally Posted by zerodeth View Post
    rely more on dl speeds rather than speed tests I have the 20mb package and I get consistent dl speeds of 1.4MB with a good file, just remember that speed is also determined on the server u getting your stuff from
    Speaking of downloading, when I am downloading from a freeware site or say Youtube Videos...it takes longer to complete, which is really weird. With LIME, it finish faster. But for torrent, thats okay.

When I did the speed test, I notice Kingston on the screen (I suppose thats the location of the server). Just did another speed test and I am getting 6.70mb.

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_NCU View Post
    I get good speed 1.4 1.5 with my 20 mb. n
    speed test spikes 25 then drops to 19mb
    Zeen. 20mb sound nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    for me ever since i got flow bout last October i been getting different speeds throughout the day (i live in Mona Heights) sometimes u get the 1.2MB/s DL speed other times u not getting over 100Kb/s Most times tho U get a stable speed between 500-900KB/s
    Sound like FLOW need to do something about this. We need to get what we paid for. Then again, most of us wont really pay that any mind.

um just a thought....flow seams to work very well with Download managers....wen i use IDM i get almost 1MB constant DL speeds

they said it's "Up to 12,288 / 1,024 kbps" notice the "up to" saves them from lawsuits I guess
    haven't gotten that ever
    the highest speed I get is on torrents 1.2Mbps and that is on a good swarm
    not to mention some sites are generally slow
    can download from youtube at 1Mbps
    as someone said, it can decrease depending on how many persons on the network but then again who is there to compete with flow? lime?