Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS now Final and ready for download!!

WTF is Windows?!?!?!? #thatisall

"my name is drae and i'm now an ubuntu convert"

Quote Originally Posted by Drae View Post

what are you talking about?...dont remember tha concept.lol

is it me or am i imagining the bugs affecting me. anybody else experiencing the same ?

What bugs are you experiencing? The only problem I've with 12.04 is flashplayer crashing at times, but I figure this has more to do with adobe than ubuntu.

Quote Originally Posted by jayrulez View Post
    What bugs are you experiencing? The only problem I've with 12.04 is flashplayer crashing at times, but I figure this has more to do with adobe than ubuntu.
    1) my keyboard is going on and off when i try to type so typing takes longer than it ought to . how do i know its ubuntu and not the keyboard i dual booted ubuntu along with windows 7 home premium and it works flawlesly in windows no problems ther whatsoever.

2) after i enter login details it freezes on that scren for a couple seconds(i think i might have done something wrong tha cause that to happen)

Quote Originally Posted by Drae View Post

Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay. A world without having to pirate software is quite fun
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

can someone confirm if Adobe CS5 or above works in this new build (obviously not natively) but via some emulation app or sumn

Quote Originally Posted by Skillachi View Post
    Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay. A world without having to pirate software is quite fun
    couldnt have said it better myself

Quote Originally Posted by glenfordwilliams View Post
    1) my keyboard is going on and off when i try to type so typing takes longer than it ought to . how do i know its ubuntu and not the keyboard i dual booted ubuntu along with windows 7 home premium and it works flawlesly in windows no problems ther whatsoever.

2) after i enter login details it freezes on that scren for a couple seconds(i think i might have done something wrong tha cause that to happen)
    Re: 1) Unless you have some exquisite hardware, your keyboard should work as keyboard drivers are pretty much generic. Maybe something is wrong with your installation or your drivers.
    Re: 2) Are you using unity-2d or 3d? If your gpu driver is not efficient you can experience some stuttering. Unfortunately, GPU drivers under linux are in a sad state. If your hardware can manage and your driver is sufficient, then the problem might again be your installation.

Maybe you upgraded from another version to 12.04? Usually, a clean install works best.

To ascertain if your installation is the problem, you can run a fresh copy from your flash drive to see if your keyboard works properly. The stuttering after login should be fixed in a fresh install. Don't know what you can do about it otherwise.

after a lot of consideration i just threw it on my 2TB drive last night

have never had good experience with 64 bit versions of Ubuntu, but omg my desktop has never performed this well ...it feels as if it's been woken up

now....im considering moving it to my 250GB drive and lopping Windows 7, as much as i liked it, out of the equation altogether.
    >>Insert something witty here<<