Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS now Final and ready for download!!

Quote Originally Posted by jayrulez View Post
    Re: 1) Unless you have some exquisite hardware, your keyboard should work as keyboard drivers are pretty much generic. Maybe something is wrong with your installation or your drivers.
    Re: 2) Are you using unity-2d or 3d? If your gpu driver is not efficient you can experience some stuttering. Unfortunately, GPU drivers under linux are in a sad state. If your hardware can manage and your driver is sufficient, then the problem might again be your installation.

Maybe you upgraded from another version to 12.04? Usually, a clean install works best.

To ascertain if your installation is the problem, you can run a fresh copy from your flash drive to see if your keyboard works properly. The stuttering after login should be fixed in a fresh install. Don't know what you can do about it otherwise.
    evidently its my installation is the problem.i booted with ubuntu 11.04 from usb and everything is working okay i might have to do a fresh install

So after my previous attempting at upgrading ubuntu to 12.04 failed, I decided to do a clean install.
    Burned the 64bit version to dvd and tried to boot from it.

stdin: error 0
    chroot: can't execute 'mktemp': Input/output error
    chroot: can't execute 'debconf-communicate': Input/output error
    I think ubuntu is trying to tell me something.
    Maybe after all these years of using it, it finally wants to break up with me.
    I can take a hint.

EDIT: Just did a md5 checksum on the iso and it seems I got a corrupted file. *sigh*
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; May 18, 2012 at 12:28 AM.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

AA, I always download the bittorrent version - that way the download is never corrupted.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Why A_A so salt? Dude... Sprinkle some white rum on ur computer and say a prayer
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by Skillachi View Post
    Why A_A so salt? Dude... Sprinkle some white rum on ur computer and say a prayer
    Lol mi nuh know boss. Such is di life of computers.

Downloaded again via torrent this time, checked md5 checksum to make sure it's all good, burned to a new cd, and reinstalled.
    Everything went ok this time.

Now to customize this all over again. lol
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    So after my previous attempting at upgrading ubuntu to 12.04 failed, I decided to do a clean install.
    Burned the 64bit version to dvd and tried to boot from it.

stdin: error 0
    chroot: can't execute 'mktemp': Input/output error
    chroot: can't execute 'debconf-communicate': Input/output error

I think ubuntu is trying to tell me something.
    Maybe after all these years of using it, it finally wants to break up with me.
    I can take a hint.

EDIT: Just did a md5 checksum on the iso and it seems I got a corrupted file. *sigh*
    Input/output errors normally indicate media errors. If you try to read something from your hard drive and you get an input/output error, it is time to buy a new drive.

Corrupted downloads are the number one cause of failed installations. Some distros such as Red Hat give you the option to test the installation dvd before you start the installation.
    Last edited by jamrock; May 19, 2012 at 04:57 AM.