Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: real jamaican tech jokes to share?

Looking back at this it looks more like a IT horror Stories....lol
    bored with too much to do

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCryptoKnight
    Aye caramba.
    lol, you come with that over here too.
    Macbook Core Duo 1.83ghz
    OS X 10.4.10 - 1.25gb Ram

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCryptoKnight
    Aye caramba.
    you and Aye caramba. lol
    Phoqry

Quote Originally Posted by selasieye
    Looking back at this it looks more like a IT horror Stories....lol
    lol

how do you know your supervisor doesnt come on this site?

This would be a resume producing event.

LOL......well mi nah worry bout my supervisor, that a scary part I don't think them would even know seh a them mi a talk bout......

Plus I got 2 jobs lined (pick which one I want) up for when this ends, they would be more than happy to hire me anytime before
    bored with too much to do

hush mi yute; but dis yah story funny no hell
    We Is Friends!
    Me And You Is Friends!
    You Smile, I Smile ....
    You Hurt, I Hurt ..
    You Cry, I Cry ..
    You Jump Off A Bridge ..
    I Gonna Miss Your E-Mails !

well, im not in IT or programming but i do have some stories, i hope you find them funny.

1) i had a post card i wanted to print on a thumb drive that i had saved in a pdf format. 2 files, i labeled 1 postcard glossy and the other postcard matte. the printing was gonna be done on a glossy paper (ie. glossy on one side, matte on the other).
    i gave the printer the thumb drive that she opened up on her computer with no problem. it was already establish that i wanted a postcard printed on glossy paper. once the thumb drive contents are open to show postcard glossy and postcard matte, she turns to me and asks what side they should be printed on?
    i am one to really criticize and i usually give people the benefit of the doubt. i advised her again what should be printed on what. she sends the files to the printer and they come out printed on the wrong sides. she then starts to complain that i am the one who confused her when telling her how i wanted it printed. i cant understand how i can say print the glossy file on the glossy side and the matte on the matte side and confuse you.

this happened at two printers in montego bay on seperate occasions. one at DSM solutions at Baywest shopping center and the other at INC at the UGi building.

2) i was previously passed over for a position at for company for a technical position, which i admit, i was upset but there was nothing i could do. sometime after getting the position, the guy comes to me and tells me an agent near me is having problems internet problems. if i can go and check what browser she is using, whether Windows XP or 2000?

it kinda had me awestruck as this dude did not know the difference between a brower and an operating system.

3) same dude as above had an agent contact him that she was not able to start up her computer as a result she was not able to do any work. i happened to be passing by feeling good and heard the problem. the guy was like, "oh my god. i will have to get you a new computer to use as this one seems like the harddrive is dead."
    i took one look at the screen and knew what was wrong. i ejected a floppy and hit a key on the keyboard, the pc started up as usual. can someone tell me when you see this prompt "Please remove floppy and hit any key to reboot." does it always mean the harddrive is dead?

1: I have been cussed an wrung out properly by a "manager" trying to show off to her friend, about my lack of technical knowledge because the companies mail servers were not sending email. She even told me the technician from the company who HOSTED THE MAIL SERVERS IN TEXAS said I was an idiot who did not know anything, and they would have to get someone capable.

You see apparently "YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS WAS REJECTED BY RECEPIENT, RELAYING DENIED.", in Outlook Express/Outlook is my fault....

2: Another customer cussed me out properly for daring to actually backup her companies data files to the tape drive on the server.
    "How dare you copy our companies confidential data to that thing!", I was not in a good mood that day and informed her (The CEO/Pwner), that;Computers were not made for morons to use, and she should stick to her notepad and pencil.
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan