Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IT pay scale

Well after you finsih school your looking at leat 55k to start right?
    http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/sad/3056237175.html
    Cert. Computer Hardware Technician, Windows XP. Certification: A+, MCITP: Enterprise Administrator, CCNA, CCNA security next
    Reading:Linux System Administration 3rd
    PM me or Call 393-2119. Actively seeking a JOB.

Quote Originally Posted by kemar1014 View Post
    Well after you finsih school your looking at leat 55k to start right?
    http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/sad/3056237175.html
    Yea, that's entry level with little to no experience .... I'm asking about in Ja though... want to see what the recent pay scale is like. Im doing my BSC now will be going into Masters as soon as my BSC is done

Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post
    Yea, that's entry level with little to no experience .... I'm asking about in Ja though... want to see what the recent pay scale is like. Im doing my BSC now will be going into Masters as soon as my BSC is done
    No one seems to be talking. I guess it depends on the company and the sector but information seems hard to come by. I have a friend who used to work in kgn as an admin taking home just under 200 k. It would be helpful if we could get others to share.

Government and Private pay scales vary widely. The monthly pay scale as posted on the mof website is the current scale and we are now being paid based on the 2009 period. If you applying for a government position then you will have to find out what category the position falls in, which most times is posted with the ad.
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

Yes i know the 07 stats which were 120K(public sector) but i have no idea of the 2012 stats.... but i would really like to know the private and public sector.
    Pc= Hp dv6t

small I.T companies are paying about $40,000 a month before tax and at times its based on your performance (not so much your education level, unless its showing in your performance)

thats about 1 yr ago still, idk if it gone up or down

nothing specific but i hear of about $120k monthly in banks like Pan Caribbean but not sure as i did not get any exact figure, as the person did not want to say the specific amount

its kinda hard to put a general figure for everyone as the job description will vary, the work hrs and condition

some place them give u a vehicle so they can call u on ur day offs if they have any emergency or if u have to work late it should not be a problem

some places u dont go anywhere but stay in the office and others u have to be on the road constantly or around the island

at times u might have to stay overnight at places if u in another parish or due to the time limit of the work that need to get done
    Last edited by mykel; Oct 17, 2012 at 07:53 PM.