Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7.1 HotSpot

@ TECHRAD

have u tried this? by seeing if u can put the BIS apn setting in and see if it work
    ***~~~VIRUS~~~***
    Popularity is a job; U work to get in and then work to stay in!!!!!
    Thank God i am famous DONT PLAYER HATE CONGRATULATE
    ASSOCIATES ARE FOR CONVENIENCE

Yes i have tried many times to use the BIS APN for many things lol! but No, the BIS APN cannot be used. the data on you're blackberry is routed. if you want to use the personal hotspot feature you would have to enter the APN for the carrier... web.digiceljamaica.com for Digicel or internet for LIME (the blackberry itself does not use that APN for BIS stuff, only some 3rd party applications use it, especially in the case where U have no BIS). when using those access points you have to pay the regular daily/weekly/monthly access fees (separate from BIS), there is no other way to use the feature.

Blackberry had always annoyed me with this... i payed for the "full service" i should be able to do whatever i want with the data
    Last edited by Rademe; Apr 25, 2012 at 04:59 PM.

Tried using apn as blackberry.net and it worked but slow as hell thanx 2 d "bigger better network.

okay who has bad info here one person say yes one say no......

Quote Originally Posted by mutty View Post
    Tried using apn as blackberry.net and it worked but slow as hell thanx 2 d "bigger better network.
    ahh mutty but u say slow like google take a time to load...

better yet give we a speed test when u get a chance
    Last edited by Virus_UTECH; Apr 26, 2012 at 12:44 PM. Reason: speedtest
    ***~~~VIRUS~~~***
    Popularity is a job; U work to get in and then work to stay in!!!!!
    Thank God i am famous DONT PLAYER HATE CONGRATULATE
    ASSOCIATES ARE FOR CONVENIENCE

tried that APN. it didn't work for me.

Well, i tried web.digiceljamaica.com, doesnt work. I cnt seem to get my ipad connected to the hotspot. It picks it up but only for a second then gets disconnected. I have a 4g postpaid plan for my 9810. The longest it has ever been on is 5 seconds. And ye, i got like 2/3rds of my data limit left.

Tried the blackberry.net too, nothing. Called Digi (wrong move...lol) and she basically had no clue. Hilarious custserv i tell ya.

got a 9900 and it works for me tether it to my tablet n laptop, normally what i do, wen the plan is ablout to finsih, i jus download some movies n use up d data, it never affected my credit
    STGC 4 LIFE __________________95-2000
    Blackberry 9550
    blackberry 0 (active)
    BLACKBERRY ALLIANCE MEMBER

jomo Guest

Use this on many 9900 and bold 6

But can't on my z10.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by PrenticeX View Post
    $1600 credit for Blackberry 30 day full plan, and $1000 credit for Blackberry Social (BBM, Facebook, Twiter, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger and G Talk, No web browsing or email). Thats for digicel, not too familiar with Lime pricing options. Someone else could fill us in.
    Lime charges $799 credit for Blackberry Social (BBM, Facebook, Twiter, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger and G Talk, No web browsing or email).
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com