Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What is wrong with this code?

hey did you create and populate an array of records.store records into a file name books?
    I am str88,no curves no bends.
    nokia rocks(iphone too)

21.5 emachice 1080p .... intel core 2 quad q6600 ... 4gig ocz memory ....h/d 320g....gpu ati hd 5750 1gddr5..m/B..intel

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    hey did you create and populate an array of records.store records into a file name books?
    I was planning to use fwrite. Anyway, I turned it in. It is incomplete, but the due date has passed. Glad I didn't do it in group. I know I would have got nowhere.

It is best to use a structure to contain the arrays pertaining to a specific subject. In this case, the credentials of a book.

The outlook for this school term is so grim. I haven't been attending much and they are the 3 subjects I genuinely fail at: C programming; Computer Architecture; and Probability and Statistics. I think after examinations I should quit school and go find a job.

Quote Originally Posted by carey View Post
    The outlook for this school term is so grim. I haven't been attending much and they are the 3 subjects I genuinely fail at: C programming; Computer Architecture; and Probability and Statistics. I think after examinations I should quit school and go find a job.
    maths not my thing,computer arc is not so bad to me....that same course i have to turn it in next week...
    I am str88,no curves no bends.
    nokia rocks(iphone too)

21.5 emachice 1080p .... intel core 2 quad q6600 ... 4gig ocz memory ....h/d 320g....gpu ati hd 5750 1gddr5..m/B..intel

Quote Originally Posted by carey View Post
    Don't give up, there is summer. It's hard out there without the paper so you should try to get it. Might be tough but try to keep at it.

Well, it is due 3 p.m. today. Doing the code over. Hope I meet the deadline.

http://ideone.com/oDk5q

A bit of a recode.

Carey,

I'm impressed. This is a very sophisticated program for someone just learning C. Anyway, I did notice an error. Basically your error handling is not adequate when your proram can't open the data file. In a real program this would be a big issue but since this is a student project I don't know how big an issue this is (depends on how strict the person grading this project is going to be).

Oh, I just noticed that the due date for this project has passed.
    Last edited by sking; Apr 22, 2012 at 10:57 PM. Reason: I want to add to it.

Quote Originally Posted by sking View Post
    Carey,

I'm impressed. This is a very sophisticated program for someone just learning C. Anyway, I did notice an error. Basically your error handling is not adequate when your proram can't open the data file. In a real program this would be a big issue but since this is a student project I don't know how big an issue this is (depends on how strict the person grading this project is going to be).

Oh, I just noticed that the due date for this project has passed.
    Yes. My time management is seriously off; I may be very late for my own funeral. Going to try separating the code into 3 applications.

I have not done anything in months. Goes without saying: I need some mental WD40! In forcing myself to practice [practice isn't spelled "practise" anymore?] I came up with this: http://ideone.com/NFl93 . How would you do it? Are there any C functions that do this job the right way? How much simpler could it get?