Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Official: Samsung Galaxy S III Thread

I have a grouse to pick with either Samsung or AT&T about my i747. I just noticed that the I can't enable tethering on my unlocked device with a Digicel or LIME SIM card. It just keeps saying "Mobile data not available or invalid SIM" although I'm subscribed to Digicel's data-plan 4G service (and yes, I do see 4G on the notification bar, and can indeed browse). I'm using AT&T's stock 4.1.1 ROM if that matters.

My other issue is that since the official 4.1.1 update, my screen keeps locking prematurely after about 10-15 seconds although its set to 5 minutes. I had wiped the device hoping that it would resolve the issue, but it didn't. Is there anyone else experiencing this issue?

No matter how many AT&T services I disable, battery life is still poor and as such my phone still permanently lives on the charger (even though I disable GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, Sync, brightness and screen rotation). My best battery life is when I un-install apps that I really don't need When I check the battery settings, it keeps claiming that the "Screen" is consuming the battery life although I have the brightness turned all the way down to about 30-40%.

I think I'll have to get around to learning how to cook my own ROM so that I can get the features that I want. How can I tell how much resources Touchwiz uses?
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

root it and use a third party app or a custom ROM but its really odd u cant tether out of the box....as for battery life it seems ur battery stats are nuked rooting it and removing the battery stats and charging the phone while off a couple times should fix ur prob...btw idk about the dual core versions but whenever i use power saving option i get a decent amount of battery life while not seeing any performance drop really...

its a shame u still have it stock tho...its my opinion that no s3 should be left stock..if not even custom rommed just root it

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    but its really odd u cant tether out of the box....as for battery life it seems ur battery stats are nuked
    I find this weird out of the box too. The inability to tether is my number1 reason to root and put a custom ROM on it before the end of today.
    I want to learn to make my own custom ROM using a kitchen, but I just don't seem to see the support for the i747 cooking on the XDA forums (just ports from the i9300).
    I want the kitchen and the stock ROM that Google would send to Samsung (or is it the one that Samsung would send to the carriers before they ads the bloatware).
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread