Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel 3G Out

I changed the settings of a Bold 4 to 3G and it changed to "sos"
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gold Master Edition 10.8
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu
    Samsung I9100 Galaxy S IIHyDrOG3N-ICS 10.04 [4.0.4] Powered by LIME 3G

can persons post who are getting 3G and what are the speeds like.

its up on my bold 9000............ i'm in south st. bess/manchester
    did u guys do a battery pull?

they have been testig for sometime now. late nights n early mornigns i would sometime see 3G o my phone..... guess its good to go now.
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

Up to yesterday, 3G seems to be only up for the people who migrated from Claro. And you have to set both your Data Services and While Roaming options to "ON" for the 3G to come up.....any other setting and you revert to EDGE. On the home screen it shows DIGICEL , but the Mobile Network shows ClaroJM when you open Network Settings. Since this morning however I have lost all means of connecting to 3G.....notwithstanding doing battery pulls, and trying to select the network manually. All I am now getting is "SOS" when I try to connect to the 3G network.

For individuals with an original Digicel Sim Card, nothing is happening for 3G so far....I even tried adjusting the settings Manually and doing a battery pull as suggested.

Please note that surveys were conducted personally in Kingston & St Andrew, Spanish Town, Portmore, Linstead and May Pen. (All done between 7am-11:30am today)..... My friends In MoBay, Ochi, Port Maria and Westmoreland all report the same.

I will post another update later this evening
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Tel: 3067496
    POWERED By Digicel
    He who expects NOTHING...is NEVER disappointed!

im a claro customer that migrated to digicel. have a bold 9650. when i set it to 3g sos is all i get. battery pulls dont help either. this is BS why send out an advisory and its not working. kmt. digi better get there act together quick.

when i do a manual search for networks i get digi 2G H, claro 2G x, C&W 2G. nothing saying 3g popping up
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Feb 16, 2012 at 07:50 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts

I am sure when Digicel gona fully turn on this thing there will be a launch of some kind.....
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

im a claro customer that migrated to digicel. have a bold 9650. when i set it to 3g sos is all i get. battery pulls dont help either. this is BS why send out an advisory and its not working. kmt. digi better get there act together quick.

9650 uses 3G Network HSDPA 2100 , I believe digicel is using 850mhz, so..... yea you wont see any 3g

Dude, Aren't the "good things that come to those who wait" just the leftovers from the people who got them first.

just spoke to a link a digi, he says i should be okay also said they just testing it today. not really an official roll out.

Quote Originally Posted by jaedesignz View Post
    just spoke to a link a digi, he says i should be okay also said they just testing it today. not really an official roll out.
    and you're comforted by that? digi does it again lmfao
    Dude, Aren't the "good things that come to those who wait" just the leftovers from the people who got them first.