Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Posting items for sale without a price

Default Posting items for sale without a price

This has bugged for a long while now. But maybe someone can explain it to me, cause I just don't get it.

What's the point of selling an item but asking persons to make an offer?
    Obviously the seller have a price in mind that he wants to sell it for, and will turn down any offers that are below what he has in mind.
    So why not post the price you want to sell it at, instead of wasting potential buyers time?

Is it that sellers are hoping they get a noob that will be willing to buy the item over the price they have in mind?
    So all wise buyers need to do is, start the offer at $1 until the seller make his price known.

Is there any other reason for telling ppl to make an offer?
    Bugs me to no end!
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Is it that sellers are hoping they get a noob that will be willing to buy the item over the price they have in mind?
    I believe that is indeed the primary reason.

That's just a waste of time. If some one wants their items sold I don't see why they wanna field so many calls and messages from people who only want to know the price.
    Whenever I'm gonna sell something I state the price so all who can't afford it need not bother to bother me and I get it sold much faster.
    Posting goods without an actual pic is another matter.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

When I see such sales, I just ignore them. Price is a must for me to make a phone call.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

There is a flip side to that coin guys.......such sellers might contest that any serious buyer will know the value of the product based on the condition if clearly specified verbally or with document photo posted. Not to mention that any price posted regarding the product will most likely be negotiated down to the nearest bottom price. Most sellers of this nature of not posting a price are never really flexible with their prices.
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

Quote Originally Posted by lojikal View Post
    There is a flip side to that coin guys.......such sellers might contest that any serious buyer will know the value of the product based on the condition if clearly specified verbally or with document photo posted. Not to mention that any price posted regarding the product will most likely be negotiated down to the nearest bottom price. Most sellers of this nature of not posting a price are never really flexible with their prices.
    you are actually right as a seller if i say make an offer say a 32" lcd tv i would be think between 40k-45k so if someone makes an offer between or at least 39k you would accept and if you are lucky someone may even give you a higher offer. I sometimes do it but it also attract a lot of idlers with some ridiculous offers. Some people want to pay a nickle for everything example i am selling a brand new 32" sharp lcd for 39k a girl going to me she can go in to courts and get it cheaper for little above 30k now none of the 32" in tv in courts are price below 50k i know because i check the same day. so you got to know what you are doing when selling stuff some buyers are just waste of time straight up

It bugs me alot as well A_A and im glad you brought it up. Personally i think if a seller posts an item without a price in the classifieds the post should be deleted. I like the move you guys made awhile back with the postcount for the classifieds to clean it up but i think it still needs some work. I think certain things should be mandatory for making a post in the classifieds, here is a basic list

1. Proper description of item e.g. Intel Core i7-2700K Sandy Bridge 3.5GHz CPU
    2. Model # of item being sold that it may be researched by prospective buyers - If available for respective item as some items dont have model #'s
    3. Condition of item being sold e.g. New/Used etc
    4. Price of item

I dont think the above list is too much to ask of someone trying to sell an item. So my 2 cents is the above should be madatory for the classifieds & if not present in a post it shall be deleted without question & these should be a sticky note in the classifieds so sellers & buyers alike will be aware.
    Last edited by RZA; Feb 13, 2012 at 03:27 PM.
    MATADOR: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, C2Q Q9400 @ 3.4GHz, ZALMAN CNPS9500, 6GB GSkill, Crucial C300 SSD 128GB, 2x 2TB WD Caviar Black, Diamond HD5850, 2x Plextor DVD+RW, RAIDMAX Scoprio 668WBP Case, Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-D-B 850W, Dell E228FP WideScreen 22", Logitech Z-2300, Windows 7 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    This has bugged for a long while now. But maybe someone can explain it to me, cause I just don't get it.

What's the point of selling an item but asking persons to make an offer?
    Obviously the seller have a price in mind that he wants to sell it for, and will turn down any offers that are below what he has in mind.
    So why not post the price you want to sell it at, instead of wasting potential buyers time?

So all wise buyers need to do is, start the offer at $1 until the seller make his price known.

Is there any other reason for telling ppl to make an offer?
    Bugs me to no end!
    Perhaps they are trying an eBay auction approach?

What bugs me is the posting of an item for sale without an actual photo...I say provide the buyer with all the information to make an informed decision. As a rule I always ignore posts of an item I want to purchase that doesn't have the actual photo.
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gold Master Edition 10.8
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu
    Samsung I9100 Galaxy S IIHyDrOG3N-ICS 10.04 [4.0.4] Powered by LIME 3G

One thing that gets me on this site, 90% of items posted here are posted without a pic.
    PC: Windows//Laptop: Linux//Tablet: Blackberry//Smartphone: Android//MP3: Apple

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post
    One thing that gets me on this site, 90% of items posted here are posted without a pic.
    u zeet that annoys the hell outta me every site i go....smh if i cant post an actual pic at the time i post at least a link to a "net pic"