Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pricey iPad/iPhone vs Android Device

well in response to that if you have thought about it then chances are others have as well and somewhere there is an app for it
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by zerodeth View Post
    what software are you referring to
    I will tell him this. I am a Mac OS-X user. I own an iPad 2. To get my iPad 2 to sync and do anything at all, the necessary application is iTunes. Now I also own a SGSII and would you believe me if I told you that to-date I have not installed "a necessary software" to do anything on my Android smartphone. I have Synced all my Contacts, Notes, Calendar, Memos over the air thanks to Google. No software required. I have all my movies, music, pictures, documents and all my data on my SGSII all done via the USB Cable. No Software Required. All my contacts, notes, calendars etc...are automatically updated over the air as soon as I make changes thanks to Google. No Software Required. So basically with an Android powered device you don't require the use of any necessary software to do simple everyday tasks and guess what it is all so intuitive. Nothing complicated I promise you. All this I am doing on a Mac. Now I can only imagine that on Windows its supposed to be even easier.
    Now with any iDevice mi sorry for you if iTunes is not always at your disposal. Also good luck in trying to get a file onto your iDevice that it does not understand. With my Android device I can copy ANYTHING on to my device.
    Last edited by Cultus; Feb 15, 2012 at 11:10 AM.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Google syncs all of ur contacts, sms messages, calender stuff and for everything else you can use dropbox oh if you have google+ when u take a pic it uploads automatically to your account on to of that you can get apps to do wifi transfers hell you can even access your pc from your tablet or phone and play music and vids over the network without first having to transfer them to ur device and vice versa
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    I will tell him this. I am a Mac OS-X user. I own an iPad 2. To get my iPad 2 to sync and do anything at all, the necessary application is iTunes. Now I also own a SGSII and would you believe me if I told you that to-date I have not installed "a necessary software" to do anything on my Android smartphone. I have Synced all my Contacts, Notes, Calendar, Memos over the air thanks to Google. No software required. I have all my movies, music, pictures, documents and all my data on my SGSII all done via the USB Cable. No Software Required. All my contacts, notes, calendars etc...are automatically updated over the air as soon as I make changes thanks to Google. No Software Required. So basically with an Android powered device you don't require the use of any necessary software to do simple everyday tasks and guess what it is all so intuitive. Nothing complicated I promise you. All this I am doing on a Mac. Now I can only imagine that on Windows its supposed to be even easier.
    Now with any iDevice mi sorry for you if iTunes is not always at your disposal. Also good luck in trying to get a file onto your iDevice that it does not understand. With my Android device I can copy ANYTHING on to my device.
    But is not only iTunes you need bredren, You also need Handbrake/Air Video to watch a movie on the iPad/iPhone....you can't just drag an drop the popular file types, you have to convert them...ahhh the stresses of Apple....Can I also tell you that it has been my experience that if a developer builds an app for both iDevices and Android, the Android app will have more features/polished than iOS...an example is Gameloft UNO.

Google syncs all of ur contacts, sms messages, calender stuff and for everything else you can use dropbox oh if you have google+ when u take a pic it uploads automatically to your account on to of that you can get apps to do wifi transfers hell you can even access your pc from your tablet or phone and play music and vids over the network without first having to transfer them to ur device and vice versa
    If this is not Great then I don't know what else is!!!
    Last edited by Cultus; Feb 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM.
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gold Master Edition 10.8
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu
    Samsung I9100 Galaxy S IIHyDrOG3N-ICS 10.04 [4.0.4] Powered by LIME 3G

Coming from a usb mp3 player where I just plug in, drag and drop and go, I was most frustrated when I 1st got my ipod nano. Couldn't be bothered with iTunes so I got an alternative called Copy Trans Suite. This allowed me to drag and drop my files but it also changed the name of my music files to random crap.

Its small for some reason...sorry tried to fix it.
    PC: Windows//Laptop: Linux//Tablet: Blackberry//Smartphone: Android//MP3: Apple

Moboplayer for videos it plays almost every format (no mkv yet though) and vlc for android is coming. With mobo you dont need to resize anything it plays most files

Moboplayer for videos it plays almost every format (no mkv yet though) and vlc for android is coming. With mobo you dont need to resize anything it plays most files
    I play .mkv files on my SGSII all my Spartacus Episodes are in .mkv format.

mkv in high profile not gonna play any audio or if u use soft encoding the audio is choppy

I have played Transformers: Dark of the Moon 1080p (Blue-ray) .mkv on my phone already...No choppy audio or sticking of the video....was superb if you ask me. Played it even better than my netbook would have!
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gold Master Edition 10.8
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu
    Samsung I9100 Galaxy S IIHyDrOG3N-ICS 10.04 [4.0.4] Powered by LIME 3G

I have played full 1080p .mkv videos on mine too. So maybe I am not fully understanding what zerodeth is referring to.