Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pricey iPad/iPhone vs Android Device

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    Anyways before the flaming starts, Glenford buy whatever you like. I wont tell you what to buy. I am an Android User presently. I was an iPhone user prior to my conversion so I can give you the best that both platforms have to offer. There are pros and cons with both...but in all fair and just honesty from my personal usage experience iOS has more cons in the form of "user restrictions". Apple has seen it fit to limit you to what they think you should be able to do on your personal smartphone. Frankly I cannot subscribe to that, plus I Do Not Jailbreak iDevices. With that said I switched to Android and I am loving every minute of it. You need to do your own case study and decide what's best for you. The only con I can tell you that plagues Android some here will say is "battery life"......and read carefully my friend this most times is based on pure subjectivity, and in any event simply get a higher capacity battery like many of us have done. My SGSII gives me a Full Day Everyday Plus Extra. As for viruses plaguing Android...so far I have Not experienced any such happenings. As for Lags, Bugs, and Hangups.... I can say before God and all humankind my SGSII HAS NEVER LAGGED, HANGED, or FROZE UP... I am yet to execute a Buggy Application...maybe I am just special or my device is just special, but that's my personal experience. People will talk all manner of crap, but at the end of the day the facts still remain, stock for stock... iPhone/iPad = User Restrictions; while Android = User Freedom
    In the End you will have to choose the experience that best suits your needs.
    Perfectly said!!

its very nice when you have your droid with a 32gb sd card and right there you no longer need usb flash drive. just plug and play and transfer files all you want.
    though I dont need to use this but its nice to be able to transfer a file via bluetooth to some one with a nokia

I dont want Apple telling me how to use the device I paid for
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site

I'm thinking that i would go with Android. But how is the compatibility with all the necessary software, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by wishlist View Post
    Perfectly said!!

its very nice when you have your droid with a 32gb sd card and right there you no longer need usb flash drive. just plug and play and transfer files all you want.
    though I dont need to use this but its nice to be able to transfer a file via bluetooth to some one with a nokia

I dont want Apple telling me how to use the device I paid for
    I got my brand spanking new 32Gig MicroSD Card.....many thanks to RubberBandMan who is also a member of TechJamaica.com So I basically have space to play with now. I have all my Spartacus, Being Human, and Merlin Episodes loaded. Just a Simple Copy and Paste...No Conversion Needed or Third Party Software that I have to buy.... Just Plug in via USB, Copy & Paste...plain and simple...now I dare you try that with an iPhone or iPad. You gonna have to do one of two things....convert the said video to a format that iOS will accept/understand or Pay for a Third Party Software to do it for you.... Sorry that's just too much work..technology is here to make my life simpler not more complicated.
    RubberbandMan big up yuhself....I endorse the sale of your SD cards in the classifieds.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

I am going to tell you the same thing I told a friend last night who is looking at purchasing a tablet:

As the present owner of the iPad2 and Android phone user:

iPad 2 Sucks....I regret purchasing it royally!!! These are my reasons.

1. It doesn't play flash equipped websites...If the content is not on YouTube you are doomed.
    2. It doesn't play the more popular video file types such as avi, mkv, wmv, flv (understandable) ect. You have to go through hoops finding mp4, mov or m4v (not popular file types on torrent sites) or converting files which takes long. Imagine, you spent considerable time downloading the video and then have to spend equal time downloading Handbrake or purchasing Air Video to convert your video which also takes long??? Rubbish!
    3. To load songs you need iTunes.
    4. iTunes is slow and always wants to do syncs before you can load your content.
    5. The camera sucks royally.
    6. Little or No customization.
    7. Almost all apps you have to purchase.

Now if I had done my research instead of following the foolish hype and the idiots that make the iPad2 out to be the best thing since slice bread then I would have gone with the Asus Transformer or Samsung Galaxy....All Android tablets meets the requirements I listed above that the dumb iPad2 cannot.

Yes I sound bitter because I have buyers remorse!!!
    Last edited by noreik23; Feb 15, 2012 at 09:53 AM.
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gold Master Edition 10.8
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu
    Samsung I9100 Galaxy S IIHyDrOG3N-ICS 10.04 [4.0.4] Powered by LIME 3G

Quote Originally Posted by glenfordwilliams View Post
    if i remember correctly android is a derivative of linux which is based on unix and mac is also based on unix..mac dosnt get viruses so why would a android device get a virus...tell me that there are buggy apps that can cause your device to show signs of lag but not viruses
    You are correct.

but for the few persons who are still afraid there are over 5 anti virus apps that all work similar to anti virus programs in windows.

So as cultus said don't trade freedom for false security from a fear of so called killer viruses that many jamaicans here on techja are telling you does not affect them.

Trade in great user experience for false comfort of this so called lag free environment. (keep in mind Iphone is basically just some 1kb icons on home screens of course that wont lag with a dual core processor)

Always remember Android can do what Iphone can't,
    but Iphone cannot do what android can because Apple does not want you to.

So as usual lets stick with facts.
    buy an iphone if;
    you dont want to use widgets
    you dont want to be able to change your battery
    you dont want to be able to use a 32gb micro sd card
    you dont want to use your device as a flash drive and drag and drop files to any pc at any time
    you dont want to be able to transfer files via bluetooth with all devices
    you dont want to watch movies on a 4.3 inch (super lcd, super amoled, qhd or full hd screen)
    you dont want to be protected by gorilla glass and want a easy to break screen
    you dont want the option of choosing a device with qwerty keyboard
    you dont want to be LIME and Digicel 4g ready
    you dont want to be able to share internet with 8 devices so you dont have to buy a mifi
    you dont want to be able without an app to share internet with your pc or share iinternet from your pc to your device without wifi
    you dont want to be able to view flash content

there are many more but im at work so ill stop here for now.
    if all the above is irrelevant to you go ahead and but an iphone
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site

madddddddddd^^^^^ enough said crossss !! Never seen it put this way so clearly ever before.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by wishlist View Post

So as usual lets stick with facts.
    buy an iphone if;
    you dont want to be able to change your battery
    Jus letting you know wou cant change the battery on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
    PC: Windows//Laptop: Linux//Tablet: Blackberry//Smartphone: Android//MP3: Apple

I think we should combine all the points and so persons don't have to ask this question ever again.

*edit*

I just remembered.

Apple will not auto-update your apps!...Android can and will.....When I remember the others I will drop them in one by one if not mentioned already by wishlist and cultus!
    Last edited by noreik23; Feb 15, 2012 at 10:01 AM.
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gold Master Edition 10.8
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu
    Samsung I9100 Galaxy S IIHyDrOG3N-ICS 10.04 [4.0.4] Powered by LIME 3G

Quote Originally Posted by hantechcns View Post
    I'm thinking that i would go with Android. But how is the compatibility with all the necessary software, etc?
    what software are you referring to
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by zerodeth View Post
    what software are you referring to
    The necessary ones......bwahahahaha

*sorry i cudnt help myself
    PC: Windows//Laptop: Linux//Tablet: Blackberry//Smartphone: Android//MP3: Apple