Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pricey iPad/iPhone vs Android Device

Default Pricey iPad/iPhone vs Android Device

recently i have been thinking why should i spend $400 on a iphone/ipad when i can settle for an android device which in most cases has more to offer and does the same that the apple products would do. is it a fact that we are brand driven?

Not it's not a fact, because I am not brand driven...also an Android device will do a whole lot more than any Apple iDevice. There is basically no limitation with Android Devices. Just think it and it can be done.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by glenfordwilliams View Post
    recently i have been thinking why should i spend $400 on a iphone/ipad when i can settle for an android device which in most cases has more to offer and does the same that the apple products would do. is it a fact that we are brand driven?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    Not it's not a fact, because I am not brand driven...also an Android device will do a whole lot more than any Apple iDevice. There is basically no limitation with Android Devices. Just think it and it can be done.
    Yall serious? Cultus should have made it clear the top android phone cost 55k up to 68-70k in jamaica which is the one he has so your 400 dolla couldnt even buy it, its almost the same price in the lime store for the iphone 4/4s im yet to see both of yall point, Buying one of the cheap android phones will get you nothing but lags and bugs. An iphone is almost the perfect machine yet to see a virus unlike some others, Lets not say android phone lets say phones with android os on them can be cheaper build cheaper as well, feel cheaper..
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

Quote Originally Posted by hv_thugg View Post
    Yall serious? Cultus should have made it clear the top android phone cost 55k up to 68-70k in jamaica which is the one he has so your 400 dolla couldnt even buy it, its almost the same price in the lime store for the iphone 4/4s im yet to see both of yall point, Buying one of the cheap android phones will get you nothing but lags and bugs. An iphone is almost the perfect machine yet to see a virus unlike some others, Lets not say android phone lets say phones with android os on them can be cheaper build cheaper as well, feel cheaper..
    what i always tell people is dont look at the price ranges presented in jamaica but look where the real mobile markets are..i see you are a very dedicated iUser and about android devices getting virus i think you need to go and research properly....

Quote Originally Posted by glenfordwilliams View Post
    what i always tell people is dont look at the price ranges presented in jamaica but look where the real mobile markets are..i see you are a very dedicated iUser and about android devices getting virus i think you need to go and research properly....
    Dedicated? b4 i have the 4s i was using a htc incredible s and b4 that it was a sgs2, Now what you want me to research if android phones get viruses? i would hope not be cause i have one sitting in front of me right now.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

You can't look at the inflated jcan prices carriers out here don't depend on phone sales alone to make their profits, you have to check online for prices as hardly any stores can compete with a ebay or amazon (and don't say anything lame about jcans not buying off these sites cuz Jcans do everyday). Ok if you buy a cheap phone I think it goes without saying that its not gonna be as fast with dual core processors so I see no point in you bringing that up what you should be looking at is how manufacturers are able to cater to not only the big man who can afford a $600 phone but also the man who can only afford a $200 and still meet him at that price point with the android experience something your precious iphone/ipad cannot or will not do. You see all you can do is call the cheap argument but you can't say that the phone is cheap and not see that some persons cannot afford an expensive handset, my HTC magic is still going strong after so many years
    so unless you hold the average man in contempt becuz how dare he buy a cheap phone with inferior parts and materials becuz you apparently live in a crystal palace using your gilded idevices that were bestowed by St. Jobs.

And one more thing I don't know what viruses you are referring to as in my years of using Androids I have never had one virus as I am not gullible enough to download those obviously fake apps

PS: Don't take the underlined txt too seriously
    Last edited by zerodeth; Feb 15, 2012 at 08:48 AM.
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Dedicated? b4 i have the 4s i was using a htc incredible s and b4 that it was a sgs2, Now what you want me to research if android phones get viruses? i would hope not be cause i have one sitting in front of me right now.
    My basic question based on your post is do you currently own an android?
    If yes which one?

@zerodeth good point.
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site

Anyways before the flaming starts, Glenford buy whatever you like. I wont tell you what to buy. I am an Android User presently. I was an iPhone user prior to my conversion so I can give you the best that both platforms have to offer. There are pros and cons with both...but in all fair and just honesty from my personal usage experience iOS has more cons in the form of "user restrictions". Apple has seen it fit to limit you to what they think you should be able to do on your personal smartphone. Frankly I cannot subscribe to that, plus I Do Not Jailbreak iDevices. With that said I switched to Android and I am loving every minute of it. You need to do your own case study and decide what's best for you. The only con I can tell you that plagues Android some here will say is "battery life"......and read carefully my friend this most times is based on pure subjectivity, and in any event simply get a higher capacity battery like many of us have done. My SGSII gives me a Full Day Everyday Plus Extra. As for viruses plaguing Android...so far I have Not experienced any such happenings. As for Lags, Bugs, and Hangups.... I can say before God and all humankind my SGSII HAS NEVER LAGGED, HANGED, or FROZE UP... I am yet to execute a Buggy Application...maybe I am just special or my device is just special, but that's my personal experience. People will talk all manner of crap, but at the end of the day the facts still remain, stock for stock... iPhone/iPad = User Restrictions; while Android = User Freedom
    In the End you will have to choose the experience that best suits your needs.
    Last edited by Cultus; Feb 15, 2012 at 09:05 AM.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

yes battery life is a major thing , you have to learn to mange your phone, turning down brightness, checking wifi settings etc. What these companies need to start doing now is improving battery technology
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

if i remember correctly android is a derivative of linux which is based on unix and mac is also based on unix..mac dosnt get viruses so why would a android device get a virus...tell me that there are buggy apps that can cause your device to show signs of lag but not viruses