Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sterling Castle Internet

Default Sterling Castle Internet

Does anybody know if Flow's Internet/cable services are offered in the Sterling Castle area, which is in Kingston 19. If not, which companies offer services there?
    Twain Spiddarr Ha! HA! Ha! HA!

Why not call Flow and ask?
    1-888-303-3000

Or use this form.
    http://www.flowjamaica.com/index.php...=264&form_id=8

Or email them.
    customerfirst AT flowjamaica DOT com

But since I live a stone's throw away from Sterling Castle, I "heard" from a family member who spoke with a Flow guy who was up here about service, and they said they offered it long time up in Red Hills. Don't know how true that is, cause I can't get any response from CS about it.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Thanks... However I called and asked, and the Customer rep said that they he didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Twain
    Hey, thanks for replying to my question. I was really hoping to get some more replies though, but I guess Sterling Castle is not as populated as I though.

However, seeing that you live close to Sterling Castle, could you give me an idea what (if any) internet service providers available in your area along with the speed so that I could give them a call??

Thanks in advance

Twain
    LIME, Dekal Wireless (formally J2 Ltd), Logic One Cable, Digicel are a few that come to mind.

As for speed, I can only get 1mb from LIME.
    Dekal offers up to 4mb according to their site.
    Logic One offers up to 8mb.
    Digicel offers up to 6mb.

Thanks! I really appreciate it.

Twain, I spoke with a Flow Support Operator a few minutes ago and inquired about Flow service in Sterling Castle. They said internet is available in your area and you can sign up when you're ready. He said it takes within 3 business days to get you set up.

Unfortunately for my area (which is 5 mins from your area), he says the ground work is still being worked on, but should be completed within the year. *sigh*

Don't understand what ground work they need to do.

I know this is a sore point Arch_Angel but since Dekal, Logic One and Digicel appears to be up your side why not switch to one of them and get a higher package while you wait for Flow.

Anticipating further disappointment from your response....

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    I know this is a sore point Arch_Angel but since Dekal, Logic One and Digicel appears to be up your side why not switch to one of them and get a higher package while you wait for Flow.

Anticipating further disappointment from your response....
    LOL psilos.

I had tested digicel's new wireless modem's when they came out with it. But it suffered from poor signal in my area. Seems I live in a crevice on the side of the hill so the signals pass over my head.

J2 Ltd, which seem to have been taken over my Dekal, was incredibly expensive just for a 2mb speed. They are primarily a pre-paid service, which we would prefer something more post paid, which they seem to have. In any case, haven't heard a lot of info about Dekal's post paid service so not ready to be a guinea pig. This would be a last choice.

We have Logic One 2mb internet, which my father uses exclusively for his trading purposes. The LIME 1mb the rest of his family uses.

Would like to get rid of the 1mb service from LIME and go for something faster, hence waiting on Flow.

Twain, I spoke with a Flow Support Operator a few minutes ago and inquired about Flow service in Sterling Castle. They said internet is available in your area and you can sign up when you're ready. He said it takes within 3 business days to get you set up.

Unfortunately for my area (which is 5 mins from your area), he says the ground work is still being worked on, but should be completed within the year. *sigh*

Don't understand what ground work they need to do.
    I called them today and they said that they have to dispatch someone to the location to check and within 10 days, they'll give me an update. Apparently they don't offer it everywhere there.

Thanks though! Guess it'll be Logic-One.

Hey Arch_Angel.

Flow stopped by my house today to do their installation of both internet and cable. However they were unable to do so, because it was a few cm's away from my house. They stated that it will take approximately 4 weeks to get the service to my house. I however just turned on my computer and tried to gain access to some unprotected wifi's within the area. I was successful in logging on to one of them. It wasn't moving as fast as I'd hoped, so I decided to do a speedtest. The results were that the Internet service provider was Columbus. So considering that I'm able to pick up someone's signal, why cant they install the service here. I mean how close someone have to be before you can pick-up their signal? I think I'm gonna call them again tomorrow.