Thread: Clear Access and Linksys Router Setup help needed urgently thank you

Question Clear Access and Linksys Router Setup help needed urgently thank you

I am not network adminstrator or a engineer but i needed some help in achieving this thank you

I have a Clear Access SR 100G ADSL Modem/Router Login Page IP(192.168.1.1) with a Real ISP(Static IP Address 208.138.xxx.39)---Linksys Router---Switch(Normal Unmanaged)---Server running DNS & DHCP enabled on a internal network IP 172.xxx.xxx.2 Subnet 255.255.255.0 Gateway 172.xxx.xxx.1 DNS 172.xxx.xxx.2

However i have issues in configuring the modem and the router

The modem is not set to bridging and the router ip address is the same as the ADSL modem 192.168.1.1.

how d i setup the modem to work with the router and the Server running DNS & DHCP enabled

I know I have to disable dhcp on both the router and the modem to make the server issue ip address and act as the DHCP

Any suggestions and advice will be appreciated thank you
    HP G6 Intel I3 Processor 2.4Ghz 750GB Hard Drive 4GB Ram 15.6 inch screen window 7 ultimate Present

Quote Originally Posted by streetx View Post
    I am not network adminstrator or a engineer but i needed some help in achieving this thank you

I have a Clear Access SR 100G ADSL Modem/Router Login Page IP(192.168.1.1) with a Real ISP(Static IP Address 208.138.xxx.39)---Linksys Router---Switch(Normal Unmanaged)---Server running DNS & DHCP enabled on a internal network IP 172.xxx.xxx.2 Subnet 255.255.255.0 Gateway 172.xxx.xxx.1 DNS 172.xxx.xxx.2

However i have issues in configuring the modem and the router

The modem is not set to bridging and the router ip address is the same as the ADSL modem 192.168.1.1.

how d i setup the modem to work with the router and the Server running DNS & DHCP enabled

I know I have to disable dhcp on both the router and the modem to make the server issue ip address and act as the DHCP

Any suggestions and advice will be appreciated thank you
    I suggest turning off DHCP on your Modem, assign a static IP to the Router, use the router to act as the DHCP (change its IP address to something like 192.168.2.x) to give out IP addresses to any device on the network, and give the server an static IP address. That should clear up any probs you have.

By the way are you putting the server up for access via the internet?