Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flashing red Light

Default Flashing red Light

have a 9700 i'm trying to restore...... the red led light flashes twice and then a pause....then repeats the flashes.....

now i've tried plugging it in with and without the battery and my pc and laptop recognizes the phone.....and i see where its connected in Blackberry device manager(it shows the time its connected) ......but when i try to upload the os using app loader.....its not recognizing the phone there.....getting "UNKNOWN PIN" ....any help wud be appreciated

Did you have any moisture or water damage with the phone? If you did have moisture damage try and get some 90% alcohol and place the board in that for a little then take it out to dry. Don't use the 70%. Put it back together and try and get it to flash. You may have to use some of the tools on XP because Vista/7/8 may cause problems during the flashing process. More like the apps don't work so well on those OSes.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

the machine i got it to pick up on was windows 7 ......but i'll try on xp.....and nah there wasnt any moisture

So what happened to put it in that state? Was it a bad flash attempt? Dropped?
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Did you try wiping with jl or bbsak?
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

yeah tried both apps and none not recognizing it....... the computer sees the device though and installed.....but to connect to any bb app ....it aint seeing it

side note: also tried it on my work machine (windows 7) and Device manager stated that com 1 and com 3 are disabled

@ Khat to be honest i got the phone to try revive .....the person "claimed" it didnt get wet or fell .....so just trying all options before i pull it apart

Usually when the fruit start to do that and the PIN not recognized it means drop or moisture - most likely moisture. Bear in mind that sweaty hands and in pockets and such will contribute to moisture. Check if any of the moisture triggers are tripped - look at the battery and inside the phone to see if any of the white strips have turned pink/blue. You may see one or two of them (especially the one on the battery) with all white but a pink line going through it. That is normal. Just ensure it isn't all pink.

cool i checked the battery and no form of pink or blue......will try pull it apart later and see

Flashing red light means, no OS or damaged OS............need to Reload OS
    The only way to discover the limits of the possible...is to go beyond them into the impossible. BBerry Bold 9000

connect to pc with no battery, use bb desktop manager, it will ask if to retry, update or cancel...choose update, go through the process n replace battery wen it reaches the loading os stage, reconnecting to arm or something like that...