Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Digicel 3G For Claro Customers

Exclamation Digicel 3G For Claro Customers

Got a text saying 3G is a go on the Digi network. Called them, and they said only Claro customers will be able to browse at 3G speeds at the same rate as the normal Digi mobile internet service. Strangely, my phone is saying EDGE, but Digi CS said that even though my phone is showing EDGE, I would get 3G speeds nonetheless.

I want to test it, but right ya now mi feel fraid fi waste $300 credit on something that might turn out to be nothing but EDGE speeds same way.

3G speeds via EDGE? m i missing sumthin ere?
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

but Digi CS said that even though my phone is showing EDGE, I would get 3G speeds nonetheless.
    3G speeds via EDGE???? hahahahaha me side!!!

I called back earlier to get some clarifications on this 3G EDGE business, and got the same thing. The CS rep told me that every thing he is saying was told to him by the engineers. Either he's been misinformed or the network set a way, so any engineers in here able to explain this?

Well there as to be a first, n i think Digi is the first network to give 3G Edge...very interesting.

actually edge is capable of running 1st priority 3g speeds, its just not capable of sustaining it for long periods of time so there will be fluctuation in the bursts, 3g is able to top up to 3.5g(getting a 7 meg connection) and edge isn't, so i do think they would be able to get bursts of 236.8 (kbit/s) (theoretical maximum is 473.6 kbit/s)(and i'm estimating digicel's nak terminals) with the right bandwith they'd be able to get a 1 meg connection quite easy, and if they plan on using edge+ then a 2.5 meg line would be pretty much easy to handle, (edge is deemed at 2.9g)edge does meet IMT-2000 requirements and is also approved as 3g standards by ITU, so technically it can perform as 3g but i'm only speculating from technical knowledge as i doooon't work with digicel.
    Last edited by mega man; Feb 5, 2012 at 03:29 AM.
    MY OWN HOUSE, CAR AND BUSINESS, LOVELY WIFE AND KIDS

Just been told by another CS rep that 3G is defo live, but for me to see the 3G icon I have to subscribe to the service first

Basically, activating the service should bring up the 3G icon, but what if it doesn't? Jah know star, mi want some 3G connection when mi a do road ennuh. Mi a guh test it out and report back on my findings, suh unnu pray fi mi an mi $300 credit.

Quote Originally Posted by alliance4life View Post
    unnu pray fi mi an mi $300 credit.
    DWL, i dont have to sub to see it, cause i have an open sim and mi still naaah see it lol, so you might want to hold back on that $300 credit a bit, although maybe the 3g isn't all over the place yet so then again it wouldn't hurt if you try lol
    MY OWN HOUSE, CAR AND BUSINESS, LOVELY WIFE AND KIDS

jomo Guest

Lol, digicel at it again

Wait! LOL I notice my edge is much faster.... Hmmmm, lol

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Lol, digicel at it again

Wait! LOL I notice my edge is much faster.... Hmmmm, lol
    anybody else notice faster EDGE browsing- speedtest anyone? sum proof would do well u know jomo
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android