Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: iOS apps crash more often than Android apps, study shows

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    How do the apps interact with on another on Android then?
    For example, when you purchase the "key" application for Documents to go, how does it update the "trial" copy of documents to go to ensure that it is updated?
    If you deleted the "key" application, then DocstoGo reverts to the trial edition.
    There are times I close base Google apps on my Nexus S and it cripples other apps that depend on it from functioning (or is it because I rooted differently).

Since its assumed that iOS device single-tasks (or freezes one app while switching to another), it can't be the user's fault as the app either runs out of memory (most common in older devices) or due to logical / syntax errors during programming.

On another note, my experience will be vastly different from that of Cultus as my iPad2 isn't jailbroken (I have no interest in doing it). And I have lots of available storage space, as opposed to my iPad1 which only had 16GB of storage, 128MB RAM and was only a single core processor. I'll say the same too about my Nexus S vs my bricked Vibrant although they should be nearly identical in spec while attempting to run ICS smoothly as a daily driver.

It's unfair to look at one OS as opposed to another and say it crashes more under uneven circumstances. With that said, I'm still wondering why people still run Windows in this day and age in mission critical environments.
    Ok let me clarify. By default, apps don't interact with each other on a lower level. However, there are ways to make apps interact. Like giving access through SU (Titanium Backup, etc), or related apps can be designed to use the same user/group (like I've seen for the dialer and contacts apks), the shared prefs function, services or some other method idk. It's only in these cases I think the crashing of an app with that extra access would affect another related app.
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

I never said such a thing in any thread. Don't think that because my signature says "Apple is still the best thing since sliced bread" mean that I actually live by it. Remember that I have the Nexus as my primary phone and the Vibrant as a paperweight currently being worked on.

This seems so childish. This article doesn't clearly state what tests were done, so all those charts are meaningless. without a clear description of what was tested.

I can easily say that Android ported games aren't as "pretty" as those released on iOS, but I'd have to give you evidence to backup my claim.
    You may call pezz'es post childish but the fact is he is correct.

you claim that a post and chart made by gsmarena one of the few phone bible websites may not be accurate and we should listen to you...

gsmarena vs nokia3650

gsmarena = rated globally even by manufaturers of phones

nokia 3650 = not even rated by fellow jamaicans and techja

result = we will go with gsm arena and their chart until another official reliable source says otherwise.
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site

@ Nokia, my iPad 2 is not Jailbroken...I have NEVER used or procured an illegal device made by Apple. All my Apple devices come straight from Factory in the state that Apple wants it to be in.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    @ Nokia, my iPad 2 is not Jailbroken...I have NEVER used or procured an illegal device made by Apple. All my Apple devices come straight from Factory in the state that Apple wants it to be in.
    crApple makes illegal devices ???
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Skele Drew View Post
    crApple makes illegal devices ???
    illegal as in Jailbroken...my bad! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Skele Drew View Post
    Ok let me clarify. By default, apps don't interact with each other on a lower level. However, there are ways to make apps interact. Like giving access through SU (Titanium Backup, etc), or related apps can be designed to use the same user/group (like I've seen for the dialer and contacts apks), the shared prefs function, services or some other method idk. It's only in these cases I think the crashing of an app with that extra access would affect another related app.
    This I agree with, but I'd rather see a comparison a jailbroken (iOS) vs. rooted (Android) device, as well. Depending on how you look at it, you can twist the statistics to reflect what you want the audience to see. I wasn't starting an argument due to the fact that Pezz started the thread, but sometimes we need to fully understand how the tests were performed and under what conditions before assuming that everything from gsmarena is the bible. Weeks ago, I saw an article where they had stated that the proposed SGS3 would come with a 18MP camera and 32GB internal storage. 2 hours later when I tried to show my co-worker the bookmarked link that I created (to the article), the page was "updated" with more factual numbers.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Weeks ago, I saw an article where they had stated that the proposed SGS3 would come with a 18MP camera and 32GB internal storage. 2 hours later when I tried to show my co-worker the bookmarked link that I created (to the article), the page was "updated" with more factual numbers.
    That was a rumor. known as a rumor by everyone.

You are getting real lame now delusional apple fanboy.

Crittercism even gave us a detailed breakdown of the most problematic releases by OS. As it turns out, iOS 5.0.1 generates more than a third of all iOS crashes - 33.93%, while iOS 4.3.5 is the second most problematic with 10.62%. That sounds quite believable as these two software versions are the two latest releases of iOS4 and iOS5.
    On Android, it's the two Gingerbread releases that generated most of the trouble - 2.3.3 with 24.76% and 2.3.4 with 23.38%.
    Last edited by pezz; Feb 4, 2012 at 11:21 PM.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    illegal as in Jailbroken...my bad! LOL
    So to jailbreak your phone is illegal? What kinda false news you spreading.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

I have not experience any crash so far ....
    Phone: Iphone 4S (Jailbreaked) - Powered By LIME ~~~~ It's the most amazing iPhone yet
    Laptop: MacBook Pro 13" 2011

Quote Originally Posted by hv_thugg View Post
    So to jailbreak your phone is illegal? What kinda false news you spreading.
    It's a sticky topic HV.... because if jailbreaking was fully legal, why does it void your Apple warranty? If it were legal why does Apple try to prevent it from happening in the first place? So Yes it's legal from our perspective, but still not so legal from an Apple perspective.