19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great decision Pezz

14 73.68%
  • Jah know you should have gotten something better

5 26.32%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pezz Amaze 4G

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    I naw lie, bad mind is a biatch LOL.... I so envy pezz right now. I always wanted the Amaze 4G, but due to misinformation on the screen I got the SGSII.... If I could turn back the hands of time, then the Amaze would be mine
    Blasphemy....I don't think I heard/saw right??? tsk tsk tsk
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gold Master Edition 10.8
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu
    Samsung I9100 Galaxy S IIHyDrOG3N-ICS 10.04 [4.0.4] Powered by LIME 3G

if I was looking for a phone right now I would get this but I think I will wait for digicel to clean up and confirm the HSDPA stuff before I make a final decision but in the mean time I am greedily eying the Sony Xperia S
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by noreik23 View Post
    Blasphemy....I don't think I heard/saw right??? tsk tsk tsk
    Noreik this is no secret...the SGSII was always my second choice. I have nuff love for the Sense UI, plus the build quality of HTC phones. Don't get me wrong my GSII has grown on me and I love it now. But the Amaze does have a slightly better camera from the reviews I have seen also better Audio Reproduction from what I have seen as well. I did intense reviews on both devices and the Amaze wins the GSII in my book, based on my specific likes. Camera and Camera buttons plus dual led flash, Sound Quality (phone and recording), Sense UI, I love the fact that there is no hardware home button on the Amaze, & Form Factor. CPU speed is not critical to me, because the Amaze will perform superbly with its cpu. And the most crucial part for me the Amaze has the higher screen resolution of 540x960 as opposed to 480x800. Amaze 4G is definitely the better phone here for me.

Pezz I await the review and the pics in the mobile phone pics thread.
    Last edited by Cultus; Feb 4, 2012 at 10:15 AM.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

*drools*.................
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

green with envy! *sigh* great choice dude
    NOTEBOOK: Acer V3-771G - Core i5 3.1Ghz + Nvidia Geforce GT630M
    PMP: Cowon J3 (16GB|Jet Effect 3.0) + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 = <AUDIOGASM>
    SMARTPHONE: Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - Rooted + UltimaROM
    DUMBPHONE: Blackberry 9000

Great choice!!

lots of comparisons online...

SGS2 has more hype (Primarily due to more marketing by Samsung)

90% of persons here never seen an amaze 4g advertisment but seen many sgs2 adverts.

source of poll http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-...-mobile-27110/

Most persons agree with pezz's choice
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site

I don't know where Apple fan-boys get the notion that HTC build quality is poor.

Even my old dual core sensation 4G has a complete metal body and gorilla glass screen... still crisp as when bought.

And now I am topping 2 days battery life on stock battery with regular use.

Fact is: This reminds me of the early 90's when PC's were compared to the MAC platform.

It was the same old arguments from Apple fans. PC's inferior... Intel CPU is a joke, PC need too much MHz, PC graphics is poor, blah blah.

I lived to see the day when

1. Bill Gates invested in Apple to save it from bankruptcy.
    2. Steve Jobs went to Intel CPU
    3. Apple is now using the once "inferior" PC style ATI graphics (which is now essentially AMD)
    4. OSX based on FreeBSD which is Open Source technology.

So PC hardware and software found its way into the Oh so pure Apple Macintosh ?

Fact is Apple does not have exclusiveness on build quality and design.

What they do have exclusive is BRAN recognition, iTunes and the marketable public image Steve Jobs (who started the PC idea in the 1970's) and the whole "think different" campaign. It is mostly psychological.

Until Android and HTC/Samsung step up their psychological warfare, they will always be perceived as "not as exclusive"

Which is one reason Apple artificially inflates its product price... All about marketing strategy.
    Last edited by Gillion; Feb 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM.
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

My friend Brooke got her galaxy nexus yesterday.
    She was coming from an iphone 4. lol! She asked my why did she ever have an iphone.

Another one lost apple
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    I don't know where Apple fan-boys get the notion that HTC build quality is poor.

Even my old dual core sensation 4G has a complete metal body and gorilla glass screen... still crisp as when bought.

And now I am topping 2 days battery life on stock battery with regular use.

Fact is: This reminds me of the early 90's when PC's were compared to the MAC platform.

It was the same old arguments from Apple fans. PC's inferior... Intel CPU is a joke, PC need too much MHz, PC graphics is poor, blah blah.

I lived to see the day when

1. Bill Gates invested in Apple to save it from bankruptcy.
    2. Steve Jobs went to Intel CPU
    3. Apple is now using the once "inferior" PC style ATI graphics (which is now essentially AMD)
    4. OSX based on FreeBSD which is Open Source technology.

So PC hardware and software found its way into the Oh so pure Apple Macintosh ?

Fact is Apple does not have exclusiveness on build quality and design.

What they do have exclusive is BRAN recognition, iTunes and the marketable public image Steve Jobs (who started the PC idea in the 1970's) and the whole "think different" campaign. It is mostly psychological.

Until Android and HTC/Samsung step up their psychological warfare, they will always be perceived as "not as exclusive"

Which is one reason Apple artificially inflates its product price... All about marketing strategy.
    Well said

I think samsung is in a position to step up their psychological warfare but they will never be viewd as apple because they don't have a steve jobs type person to lead the marketing campaign.

Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site

I don't see need for psychological warfare from Android devicemanufacturers. They just need to keep putting out great stuff at great prices and have patience. Eventually those on the other side of the will keep wondering why is it that others are moving away slowly but surely, get curious enough, get informed, and make the move themselves.
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions