Thread: If You Thought SOPA Was Bad, Just Wait Until You Meet ACTA

Default If You Thought SOPA Was Bad, Just Wait Until You Meet ACTA

Forbes magazine...
    When sites like Wikipedia and Reddit banded together for a major blackout January 18th, the impact was felt all the way to Washington D.C. The blackout had lawmakers running from the controversial anti-piracy legislation, SOPA and PIPA, which critics said threatened freedom of speech online.

Unfortunately for free-speech advocates, these pieces of legislation are not the only laws which threaten an open internet.

Few people have heard of ACTA, or the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement, but the provisions in the agreement appear quite similar to – and more expansive than – anything we saw in SOPA. Worse, the agreement spans virtually all of the countries in the developed world, including all of the EU, the United States, Switzerland and Japan.

Many of these countries have already signed or ratified it, and the cogs are still turning, with the final real fight playing out in the EU parliament.

The treaty has been secretly negotiated behind the scenes between governments with little or no public input. The Bush administration started the process, but the Obama administration has aggressively pursued it.

Indeed, we signed ACTA in 2011.

Here’s a quick video primer:
    pllz read it all @ http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...you-meet-acta/
    more videos inside as well
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

MI Ratid, kmt... the US Goverment doesnt like the freedom of speech..., we need to start restricting Jamaica Reggae videos and music to this region only...hate when i go and try to view content its restricted for my area..KMT its information so why is it restricted... KMT
    Last edited by kirkcaldyj; Jan 26, 2012 at 03:46 AM.
    Mobile: (876) 809-4001

holy crap...................wtf are these people thinking? i mean......wow
    so if im in class and my lecturer decides to send me an ebook version of a book we using , he can be fined if they find out? if i send blaze a pic that has a girl drinking a can of Pepsi, i can be fined???????? wtf is this BS
    i love my country, but i fear my elected officials
    Call me on 3538447.
    topdogclu @ hotmail.com