Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enable SLI with different cards

Default Enable SLI with different cards

Follow the link
    techpowerup.com

Seems to only works on GPU's with the same core design.
    Last edited by newtothis; Jan 25, 2012 at 06:11 PM.

i could have sworn this was out long time ...back when i had my gts250 in the installation there was mention of using 2 different cards in sli.....whereas one would be used to process only PhysX for example (normally the slower card) and the other( the faster card) used to process everything else...how is that any different?

look on his name >>> newtothis...
    cell: 807-4523| email: mysonchug@yahoo.com | PM Me

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFactor1 View Post
    look on his name >>> newtothis...
    lol guess that confirms my post.....MAx remind me of the name of it again

Read the thread that I link first instead of insulting me Max/flexx , this is entirely different from using one card as Physx.

i read it....some dude modded an SLI driver he not even sure the mix of cards that it supports.....and how is it different.....u expect a 9800GTX to run alongside a GTX590?

And I guess you miss where the one guy stated that he Sli a gtx570+gtx580 and got a higher score in 3dmark11, and others stated that he scored similiar to running 2 gtx570s.

well good 4 u guys finally catching up.....while the boys in red been doing this for years now

And to Max, I always thought your philosophy was reading is essential, you didn't even read the thread, just decided to insult me because of my user name.

@flexx
    your right there, this seems to be similar to what you could always do using different ati cards.

so what is the practical aspect of this, its a modded driver so issues can arise, newer games might not be supported especially if they needed a driver update to work, DX11 might not work if the card is older and I prefer to see some real world data as opposed to 3Dmark scores so if you have some video with testing them in a game that would be great
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1