Thread: Largest solar farm to be built in Jamaica

Default Largest solar farm to be built in Jamaica

TORONTO, Canada, CMC – The Toronto-based Solamon Energy Corporation says it plans to build the largest solar power plant in the Caribbean.

The solar company said that the programme, to be built in Jamaica, will cost in the region of CAN$450 million or US$444.2 million.

When completed, the farm will “enhance and improve the nation’s energy infrastructure, as well as serve as a beacon to attract additional investment in the ICT (Information Communications Technology) and greentech sectors.”
    Read more: http://go-jamaica.com/news/read_article.php?id=34798
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

hmm - wonder if mi could get a part time job on it,...this wil bring jobs, and based on how long it may take may cause our electricity bills to increase at a far lower rate (with natural inflation of teh dollar)

off topic- oil was found in bluefields westmoreland - currently i cant find a link online for that story
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

best news I have heard in a long time I wonder when the ball will get rolling on this?
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

egarding the oil of west...

it has not being denied, just a bit hush hush.... I think it was the norwegian exploration vessel that found it, (china and america eyeing this one). also there is a massive geothermal ocean vent out west almost 1/2 way between us and cuba... ( expect to hear more in next few years (after america 'invades' us to help us claim right to it instead of cuba..either that or a huge earthquake) pree
    http://open.salon.com/blog/ezili_dan...t_deposit_ever
    Last edited by Bl@ze; Jan 25, 2012 at 02:47 PM.
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

In the meantime, Mr. Paulwell says the government will be keeping its election promise to remove the General Consumption Tax, GCT on electricity. He says the Cabinet has discussed the issue, but the removal of GCT will happen within the broader framework of the review on taxation in the country. He said the Ministry will also seek to remove the GCT on computers.

just thought I would share this

http://www.solamonenergy.com/jamaica...-eliminate-gct

Quote Originally Posted by Bl@ze View Post
    egarding the oil of west...

it has not being denied, just a bit hush hush.... I think it was the norwegian exploration vessel that found it, (china and america eyeing this one). also there is a massive geothermal ocean vent out west almost 1/2 way between us and cuba... ( expect to hear more in next few years (after america 'invades' us to help us claim right to it instead of cuba..either that or a huge earthquake) pree
    http://open.salon.com/blog/ezili_dan...t_deposit_ever
    I started to read the article and then she went off on a lil crazy person tangent and .......yea do you have another link, not saying the oil and natural gas thing isn't true but is there another link to back this up
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Jan 25, 2012 at 03:37 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts. Really Zero?
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Good luck Solamon. Hope it is up and running shortly and performs as expected.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by zerodeth View Post
    I started to read the article and then she went off on a lil crazy person tangent and .......yea do you have another link, not saying the oil and natural gas thing isn't true but is there another link to back this up
    muahahahaha - the link is ill and sum personal point of view in the mix- could be serious n tru stil O_O but i hope not
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    muahahahaha - the link is ill and sum personal point of view in the mix- could be serious n tru stil O_O but i hope not
    i cant find the correct link... i guess from she she got her info... will dig..

i clearly recall the original site what 'hacked' and a few choice pages was removed... hope i can still find a copy
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.