Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JCF Using BB On The Road

Default JCF Using BB On The Road

http://www.rjrnewsonline.com/news/lo...gy-crime-fight

A pilot project is currently underway involving 33 police personnel from the Motorized Division and Area 5 Headquarters.

The pilot project is scheduled to be completed by month-end, to enable a February roll-out to police patrols.

Police officers will be able to use a blackberry phone to determine whether a vehicle is licensed or has been reported stolen.

The new system will also allow Traffic and other Force personnel to verify the authenticity of driver's licences and check whether motorists have outstanding traffic tickets.

Last November, lawmakers in Parliament's upper chamber approved a bill to amend the Road Traffic Act, to make way for a three-month period in which government will forgo imposing stiff penalties on persons with outstanding traffic fines.
    Depending on your demographic there's both love and hate for the BB. Some people (Android/iPhone/other non BB) seem to dislike the BB for various reasons. One I heard locally is that the iPhone can support the same kind of security that the BB does but companies aren't using it. I think this is because - generally speaking - BB service/internet is much cheaper on a BB than it is on the other phones. With Digicel it's about $1600+GCT per month versus $3000++ with other phones with any data plan.

Market shares down - losses in sales - many different things are being said and posted about RIM and that those are all nails being driven into the coffin. We in Jamaica however seem to love the BB generally - so much that our officers are going to be using it. Things like this will probably save RIM - since Jamaicans seem to have more cash than we let on - in general.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

i heard about this today so lets wait on see

Was on the news other night. Searching online showed this up so posted the link.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    I think this is because - generally speaking - BB service/internet is much cheaper on a BB than it is on the other phones. With Digicel it's about $1600+GCT per month versus $3000++ with other phones with any data plan.
    I guess I need to get a macro to reply automatically to the uninformed.

/sigh

Lime3g $1000 jm unlimited internet *** 500mb of which is 3g (dont use digicel numbers as if they are the only carrier in the island)

your statement above gets -1

you say "We in Jamaica however seem to love the BB generally-- so much that our officers are going to be using it " lol our lame behind time officers using it means nothing they doing it as a gimmik

jamaican small police force using old bb bolds, curves or whatever they are using cannot save RIM...(im surprised thats not obvious...

*** I just have somthing against people here generalizing jamaicans **** saying we jamaicans this we jamaicans that.

I have a droid
    managers at my company have a droid
    my wife has a droid
    some of her other health inspector co workers have a droid
    my friends in my circle has a droid
    chig has
    vyle has
    don c has

not to mention many more people here and people we all dont know who also has.

Sure many non tech people locally through digicels efforts has a bb but again that means nothing when RIM needs 15x jamaica's population to buy bb's to be relevant globally.
    Last edited by wishlist; Jan 23, 2012 at 10:42 PM.
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site

jomo Guest

Lol, FIVE PEOPLE you know have a droid WOWZERRRZ dude!

Well guess what, DI WHOLE A JA have bb

Deal with it

Or leave the section

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Lol, FIVE PEOPLE you know have a droid WOWZERRRZ dude!
    I can honestly say most my subordinates and employees use non company issued droids, a few use iOS devices and a few others WP7. Haven't seen any BBs yet. It's apart of the BYOT initiative.
    I have a small task force of little over 2000 on my 12 floors.
    The last person on those 12 floors that owned a BB was me.

I know that you're tempted to get a droid, but your fear of losing all your BBM women paralyzes you with stupidity.

Well guess what, DI WHOLE A JA have bb
    Proof by stats (preferably done by Don Anderson) or I call BS.

Or leave the section
    Maybe we should start recommending you do the same in droid. Public forum sir.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Replace "droid" with "android". Droid refers to Star Wars or the licensed Droid moniker used for CDMA/LTE phones by Verizon.

Jus saying .

On another note, aren't you all tired of these BB/Android/iPhone wars. People like what they like so get over it. If everyone drove the same car, wore the same clothes and behaved in the same manner the world would be a truly boring place.

Be grateful that options exist so use whatever works for you.

Kudos to the JCF for attempting to modernize their operations because calling in license plates as they do now is so 80's. Next step, install computers in the police stations, create a database and get rid of the huge book used to make reports. Seriously how do they even find anything in it, no wonder our crime solving rate is so low.

Quote Originally Posted by wishlist View Post
    Lime3g $1000 jm unlimited internet *** 500mb of which is 3g
    Is this what they're charging for net on any phone these days? You'll have to excuse me as I don't follow them up since I hate them so much.

In any case - if their BIS is cheaper than Digi my point still stands. If they have unlimited net to any phone for that price then I stand corrected.

Please don't make it out to be another phone war still - As I stated before in another thread - people don't use phones for calling anymore. I am not loyal to Digi/LIME/Claro/RIM/Nokia/Samsung/etc - whichever has something I can use to stay in touch with my friends/family for cheap is fine. And I am personally not paying the high prices for the new phones with gorilla glass and all the fancy features - my Nokia works quite fine and if it drops I don't cry.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    Replace "droid" with "android". Droid refers to Star Wars or the licensed Droid moniker used for CDMA/LTE phones by Verizon.

Jus saying .
    LOL @ this. Leave the droids alone

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post

Jus saying .

On another note, aren't you all tired of these BB/Android/iPhone wars. People like what they like so get over it. If everyone drove the same car, wore the same clothes and behaved in the same manner the world would be a truly boring place.

Be grateful that options exist so use whatever works for you.

Kudos to the JCF for attempting to modernize their operations because calling in license plates as they do now is so 80's. Next step, install computers in the police stations, create a database and get rid of the huge book used to make reports. Seriously how do they even find anything in it, no wonder our crime solving rate is so low.
    I agree with you, remember I said last year.

i dont want bb users to switch to android

my posts are not to convince anyone to change,

besides if everyone with BB's switch to android who would android users call noobs
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site

all em unpaid tickets -hmm
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android