Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SmartPhone Race Jamaica - Why so many Blackberries?

Default I agree. without 3G data plan on digicel, BB will remainking that will change

I converted my Claro plan to Digicel and now have the Digicel 1GB 3G data plan along with the regular digiselect 1000. It costs $2000 per month for 1GB data.
    The other post paid plans are as follows:
    60 MB - $600
    200MB - $1500
    1GB - $2000
    3 GB - ? d/k
    5 GB - ?
    ? - You can call customer care for the other info. I don't remember.

There are also prepaid 3G data plans. The 3G data plans are only available to customers who are on the claro network. They will become available after the networks are merged.

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    Mark my words this same Jomo is going to be the first to jump off the BB wagon when he sees the masses migrating in droves. Just you watch and see. I keep telling you all stop talking about data plans. Data plans are available for non-bb phones, is just because is LIME offering it and not Digicel. However Digicel will be rolling out an even more competitive data plan in the coming weeks, when their 3G/3G+ network is up and running. Don't expect Digicel to start pushing 3G smartphones when they don't have a proper 3G network. The BB Wagon is going to get scanty in Ja. Worst when Digicel start their PR on Android smartphones. The tide is going to turn.....just you be patient. Jomo is going to drop BB faster than current running through power lines...just you watch. Remember I said so. Never you listen to a word Jomo says.

Quote Originally Posted by omardale View Post
    I converted my Claro plan to Digicel and now have the Digicel 1GB 3G data plan along with the regular digiselect 1000. It costs $2000 per month for 1GB data.
    The other post paid plans are as follows:
    60 MB - $600
    200MB - $1500
    1GB - $2000
    3 GB - ? d/k
    5 GB - ?
    ? - You can call customer care for the other info. I don't remember.

There are also prepaid 3G data plans. The 3G data plans are only available to customers who are on the claro network. They will become available after the networks are merged.
    There you go...I knew there was a reason I did save my digi #

As for Jomo, we all know he is a wagonist so we need not quantify his ignorant statements.

As for the Author of the blog and fellow techja, I think the article was written based on inner experience rather than facts; not enough quality placed on writing a well written article.
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gold Master Edition 10.8
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu
    Samsung I9100 Galaxy S IIHyDrOG3N-ICS 10.04 [4.0.4] Powered by LIME 3G

^^ the 3gb plan is for 3k

Quote Originally Posted by wishlist View Post
    There's a joke in there somewhere....

So much posts on a tech site by a non techie with a life and girls.
    Jomo is the biggest Geek of all time. When he posts I just laugh most of the times. Anyways the 3G Data plans will be coming soon to everyone. Already Claro customers are getting on board. My Dad got his Data Plan up and running on his iPhone....It's just a matter of time, the playing field will be level for all smartphones for which I am very glad. BB users will no longer have a monopoly on cheap data plan. We all will have fair access to data. That's all I ever wanted, because I would rather die than be caught using any of these present line of BlackBerry devices....
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

I would rather die than be caught using any of these present line of BlackBerry devices....
    Funny, thats how I feel with apple products
    PC: Windows//Laptop: Linux//Tablet: Blackberry//Smartphone: Android//MP3: Apple

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post
    Funny, thats how I feel with apple products
    No sah, it nuh suh bad with Apple products. I could Skype on my iPhone, I could play all my Games and Facebook games as well. The only real problem with the iPhone is the restriction. The phone is too closed up. Apart from that it is still a very functional smartphone and deserves to be called a smartphone. I mean the apps are there to install and be productive. Pity we can't say the same thing for a BlackBerry. I really don't classify BlackBerries as smartphones. They are phones with messaging capabilities that's all.

The only real problem with the iPhone is the restriction. The phone is too closed up.
    Thats y mi nuh like dem, I and I love freedom ....
    PC: Windows//Laptop: Linux//Tablet: Blackberry//Smartphone: Android//MP3: Apple

There's a joke in there somewhere....

So much posts on a tech site by a non techie with a life and girls.
    lol I have such an awesome collection of jomos quotes, contradictions and isms, I'll soon be able to write a joke book lol
    He reminds me of that wannabe hacker we have here name jason2002 or something. Pure joke star.

Anywayz, the present day consensus as to why we have so many BBs? I've been reliably informed by a member of TechJ that only a BB with BBM allows you to get many women.
    I can assume it must be vice-versa for the women.
    I only need 1 serious and very smart girl in my life, so I went with Android.
    On a serious note some only use it for hype. I've seen people rocking a BB without any intention of putting BIS on it.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe Hellscream View Post
    I've seen people rocking a BB without any intention of putting BIS on it.
    Really LOL I must be getting old... people getting a bb just to look hype just seems strange to me.

I can understand building hype off a car, or hype bike for those who are into bikes but a phone even mad man have phone.
    Last edited by wishlist; Jan 25, 2012 at 01:24 PM.
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site

but a phone even mad man have phone.
    ROFL dat mi seh to!!