Thread: Think Tank Jamaica

Default Think Tank Jamaica

I am finally developing an idea i have put on hold for some time, the website is not complete but i have a layout of the forums www.thinktankjamaica.com/forums
    Basically it will be somewhere that ideas can be shared and nurtured. I need some feedback on the forum choices, need to know if they can be better categorized, or any other ideas you think would make such a project more effective. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

THINK TANK JAMAICA
    Together we think, innovate and execute
    Last edited by VRTECJA; Jan 14, 2012 at 08:30 PM.
    Remember to take a look at http://www.google.com/mapmaker

section for the classifieds ?

i am having login issues
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Jan 15, 2012 at 12:18 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Quote Originally Posted by theseeker View Post
    section for the classifieds ?
    Will consider it, I really was not thinking along that line but i think i will introduce one when the site becomes more popular. Thank you for signing up remember... Together we think, innovate and execute

Make sure you check the email sent, you have to click the validate link before you can log in. Better yet if you having a problem like login please send an email to thinktankjamaica at gmail.com don't want to use techja forum to fix my forum.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Jan 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Well, being in forum software development for over a decade, here is 1 suggestion:
    - Limit the number of categories/forums you have when you first start your forum.

I know new forum admins want to create as many sections as they can think of, to give their users choices, but this can have negative effects on your forum.
    1. New users can easily see your forum is not active and is very new, by all the 0 threads, 0 replies in each row. Less willing to participate if no one is really around.
    2. With so many choices, they don't know where to start. Which forum has more participation?

Suggest you have few generalized forums in the few starting months to garner participation, interest and a member base. Instead of 3 forums under IT and Tech, just have 1 forum for Technology. All things tech can be posted in there.

With fewer choices, you direct your members attention to these specific forums and get them to participate.

After a while, expand the forums as the interest grows.

Just my $2.00
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Very Very good point well taken. Most of the sections were taken from ques in the present Government's Manifesto, breaking it down will be difficult as these are the points i really want to hit now. I was hoping that members here would see the value of sharing their knowledge and start filling the sections before a formal launch.

I have taken your advice and cut down most of the sections.
    Last edited by VRTECJA; Jan 15, 2012 at 01:42 AM.

Do what Arch_Angel says. Do it, do it now. I suggest 4 or 5 at most. I would even try allowing anonymous posting.

yeah and post a few topics in the forums to get the ball rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Do what Arch_Angel says. Do it, do it now. I suggest 4 or 5 at most. I would even try allowing anonymous posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    yeah and post a few topics in the forums to get the ball rolling.
    I am working on it thanks again for the feedback.

Just finish the logo for THINK TANK JAMAICA, pleas give feedback.